Reflect: Ch 21

You returned home, the moon already high in the sky, a pale light in comparison to the lamp upon the wall.

Your parents great you, happines and love gracing their features as they welcome you inside. Your father takes your bag and mother your hand.

She leads you past the empty dining table, which denotes your confusion, and to the couches. Plates sat upon the dark wooden coffee table.

This was rather informal and you wondered at the occasion, interrupted before you had the opertunity to ask. "Here sweety. First off, we hope you enjoyed the concert," she said as her arm presented a ceramic dish to you and you nodded furiously, "second of all we are so proud of you".

You looked between the two, examining their faces in the cozy room to try and find their meaning. What were they so proud off? What special thing had you done to merit the beaming pride they desplayed? Surely not just mustering enough courage to go to a crowded concert and fan meet, especially considering that they didn't know of your prior worries.

The blank expresion you wore to mask your confusion was ripped away with a remark from your dad, "for the scholarship (y/n)".

Hdhjahsgaohhsh the what?

***

A/N
Sorry, but I am now changing the perspective and going back in time a bit 🎩

***

They had stayed awake most of the night in the the sky high, window studded room. The little amount of light emanating from the single wall lamp was lost to the blackness outside. They had walked in, so lost in their thoughts that they forgot about their usual behaviour of turning on the lights, and choose instead to gather in the large lounge room. Well they had never really needed that much light to function, their wolves enhanced senses more then enough, only flicking the switch and allowing electricity to flow for appearances sake.

They had worried for quite a long time on what to do before one shook his head wildly, "ahhhh, we need to find out where they live. Need to find out about their life. Yoongi, get in touch with some of our people".

The white heared brother glared down at the frantic wolf, "why me? Do it yourself, you creep," even though he agreed that they needed to find out more about you. The way it was put, well it did sound like they were ready to stalk you. I mean they were ready but.....

"I'm on it," calmly said Namjoon as he closed his eyes, linking with some members of the pack and instructing them.

They allowed him silence, not wishing to disturb something they considered so important. When the eyes opened and the dull glaze was replaced with the usual clarity, Jin spoke, "so, what course of action are we going to take?" He was calm, dauntingly so as the next words flowed delecatly from his parted lips, "we going to try and reason with our human, or are we just going to wisk them away with us?"

"Hyung," whined Jimin, who would gladly do as proposed. He objected though, "we can't do that. What about democracy and liberal rights and all that kinda stuff which you guys are always talking about?"

The elder paused to look at his blue haired, rational minded brother. "Oh, well that is surprising. I thought you, most of you would go for it, especially Jungkook," a small smile of pride formed his features. "You have grown so much," he declared, wipping a small tear from his eye.

"Don't get me wrong," ground out Jungkook from behind clenched teeth. He was using all his effort not to growl and storm out of the room in search of you. The beanie and magic circlet it had hidden were long since removed and discarded by the young wolf. "I didn't say anything because I knew you wouldn't just let me go and wisk them away, no matter how much you all want to yourselves". He glared up and crossed his arms over in annoyance, sholders not lowering from their alert stance.