Home is where the Heart is: Ch 26

The plain glides down in a steap but steady motion. The waiting tires meet the restful runway with force. The wind and bounding of the missive vehicle disturbing the calm air outside, and the sleeping bugs whose homes lay deep below the track. The rumbling vibrations are commonplace and frequent around here, the airport well travelled.

You are drivin into a resting point, the motor stilling as its movements are replaced with the rushing of people. Bags are grabbed from over head, and passengers que to get off after a long, stressfully mind numbing journy. You wait, a sense of peace finding you as you loom upon the outside world, your new home, Korea.

As the chaos resides and your mind clears away the pleasent fog, you stand, taking your bag from above, and work your way out of the tunnel. It is a long way before you reach the open again. Glass windows and large rooms allowing for light and space to greet you in their open arms. You carry on, not stopping to marvel at the brilliant architecture but instead appreciating it as you move. You come to a stop at the conveyor belt for international luggage and stand there a few minutes. Your mind drifts off with the circulating of the bags, the simple satisfaction of perfect, repetitive motions.

As a person stands beside you, a little to close as the area crowds, you are drawn back to realise that your bag had been going in endless circles. Stepping forward, you grab it and pull it's heavy existance close to you before it can once again pass you by.

You extend the handle, and it rises like the sword being drawn from the stone, and pull the mighty weight behind you with ease. Wheels are a godsend.

You glance around in attempt to locate the exit and are initially unerved by the exessive presence of a foreign language sat upon all the signs. A language that you were going to have to get used to. You breath out to calm yourself, your shoulders rising high before the force leaves your chest, nose passing it along as your eyes flutter closed. You regain yourself and look for a door, or a sign that has the english word for exit and an arrow. You were going to worry about other things later and just conquer this step for now.

Your eyes roam around, drifing from english to korean, to person, to sign, to dog- ooo dog outside the window- back to english, and finally you see the word. Green and white and running man - the recognisable exit sign we all know and love. You walk towards it and are on your way to the big glass set of doors as your eyes land upon more english. An english sign. An english sign held by a man. An english sign saying, '(y/n)'. An english sign saying, '(y/n)' held by a man you did not know. Well you walked over anyhow, no real trouble or danger. I mean you were in an extremely public place that even had security gards scattered in such a frequent pattern that they may as well be decorations embedded in the architecture.

You walk up, meeting his eyes and smiling as you close the distance. You tilt your head, "um. I am (y/n). You are?"

He smiles and places the sign under his arm, pulling out a buisness card and bowing slighty as he spoke his name and company affiliation. His english was great and you smile as your mind makes the connection that Bacchantes must have sent him to pick you up and take you to your new abode.

"Nice to meet you," you return. You bow slightly before extending a hand to take his card. You were about to offer a handshake but decided to stop yourself.

"This way please," he says as his hand gestures towards those doors. He moves to take your luggage and you think, 'wow, so polite,' and thank him.

Outside the wind bites you and you shiver slightly, looking around as you wonder where to go next. Noticing your questioning gaze, the man leads you over to a big, deep green car in answer. Popping the boot as he places the bag inside. You wait for a moment but decide to open the back door yourself and glance in, stopping as you see the amount of space. Massive. Woah.