Should I stay or should I go? Ch: 18

The glass door swung on oiled hinges, separating your shrinking figure from the dissociated gathering of men; famous, smart, beautiful men who could only be left in such a delerious and broken down state by you.

With the last swing, pushing a tiny breath from the room and brushing the hair away from your neck, some of them regained their minds.

Though they were all still cherry pink, with thoughts of the past moments, embarised and happy tingles dusting their skin, they were delighting in their pride. It rose to their chests, a king upon his horse, and commanded all other emotions to be subservient in its presences.

They had never felt this intensity of emotion before, and it was all due to you. Because you had expressed to them a gratitude. You had told them of their usefulness in your life, in adding you. And nothing could make them prouder, more content, then being of use to their mate.

So yeah, they were all felling a bit giddy today. As if meeting you wasn't enough to spur such emotions, your message before departure intensified the already comanding fellings of longing and happiness they felt for you.

Oh, your leaving. Such a recent event, an important thing, and yet it had been forgotten, hidden, as they jumped 'all aboard' the train of joy, destination ecstasy. But the train was holted in it's tracks, just bearly having departed the station. No refund given as all seven members slowly walked their way back to the station of reality.

"God," Jungkook blinks, the first to step foot upon the platform "do we follow," he said as he observed your figure turn away. A few more steps and you would be gone, the wall obstructing the growing distance between you and your mates.

Running up to join him on the edge of the tracks Jimin voices, "I really want to, so if we are taking a vote".

Then Jin finaly stumbles up the stairs, "aaaaa," he squeases his fist to control his desires, "we can't, no matter how much I, we, want to. We have got to figure all of this out".

"Oh come on Hyung, we can't just let them go so soon after meeting," Jimin starts as Jungkook finishes, "it just doesn't feel right. We need to make sure they are ok".

Jin looks over to the two at his side, "and we will do just that by staying here and being smart about things, not by being rash and running after our instincts," he reafermed his point by pausing and narrowing his eyes as he both assesed his younger brothers and warned them not to go against him.

Satified as they scrunched their faces up in disaproval but made no move to disobay he continued, "There is something very strange going on and we don't know what. We need to deal with this before we can go to our mate. Our mate who isn't seeming to recognise the bond".

"Ah, about that," rises Hoesok from his position on the bench. The wooden bars where his mind once rested old and rotting as he stood from them and spoke to his family, "I think that I know the reason".

At this, all of the members, including poor Tae who was so overwhelmed with everything that he had fallen to the floor, moved their attention to him, desperate for any information regarding their mate. Any information that could help them, and you.

He gulped as he faltered under the presure of their eyes, now unsure about his explanation, "I don't think that our mate is a wolf".

A pin dropped upon the carpeted floor of the venue. And then all the pins dropped, the once soft floor now smooth ceramic tiles bleating out a chaotic rhythem which in no regard was quite.

Jungkook pounced from the side of his eldist brother, aiming for the neck of the red haired with his hand. However he met the back of the forgotten rapper, who himself grasped onto the sholders of his younger, questioning him as he delved into his eyes, "what do you mean". A sense of anger and firm confusion seathing from him, "how could you know".

He was frozen, paniced at the response and unsure of how to continue without his head being ripped from his neck as a tissue from a box if his brothers state worsened.

The once again stable Jin spoke up in attempt to disfuse the mood and provide an opportunity for his endangered sibling, "Why would think you so? What gave you this idea? No one else has any clue regading the species of our mate. They didn't feel like any other kind of supernatural". Unlike his brothers, Jin's voice was soft, calming, balancing out the tension of the room and removing just enough pressure to allow a response.

He also spoke words that made the six realise something. Not only did you not feel like any other kind of supernatural, but you also did not feel like a wolf. Besides reacting to the bond you showed no signs of being one either. They all panicked, 'God no, what if you are.... what if you are a demon. It would explain why we couldn't tell your species and it would give reason for your behavior'.

Just as they thought of such an unpleasent, and soul numbing senario, Hoseok who was oblivious to their panic as he already held the answer, decided to enlighten his brothers. One word, "human," and their stomachs fell. They weren't sure if that was worse.

By all means they had nothing againts the species, they were actually activly trying to bridge the gape between the oblivious race and the hidden world. But now they knew how weak you were and it frightened them. The greatest desire to protect sprung into them and they needed to satisfy it.

One, however still in the same boat as the others, was questioning the claim. What Hosoek suggested, though unheard of; a human the mate of seven alpha princes, was possible. But so was your being a demon.

They all needed to figure this mess out and start to make plans, no matter what species you ended up being, so Namjoon forced the explanation to continue, "do you have proof?"

His voice wasn't judgemental, nor did it hold doubt or vexation, and sensing this the burgundy haired brother was able to provide such answers, "the strange markings on the neck and the pain. Did you notice them?" He looked into the eyes of each member, a light shining in recignition as clear images of you, your obvious pain and a light but unatural shadow dancing across your nack, confirmed his words.

"No wolf, the strange pain when meeting us, touching us," he glanced over at the boy still seated on the floor as a pain of his own entered his midnight eyes at the thought of harming you, even unintentionally.

He gulped as he continued, "not recognising the mate bond. All these things point to our mate not being a wolf. Or any kind of supernatural under our kindom. They also blow the thought of demons out the window, as even they know when they meet their mates".

He pauses a moment, remembering the source of his unique knowledge, "I read this in a book, an old dusty one in the private library. It fell on me one day when I was hiding from.... well anyway, it took my fancy and, well, they are definitely human".

Upon his conclusion the group felt both nervous and slight relief at the fact they are not bonded to the only supernatural species that continues to disrupt peace in the world.

They also developed a dreadful anxiety. How would their kindom take all this. How would you take it. How on earth were they going to tell you. They all felt like fainting, Yoongi moving away from the brother who he had not once let go of durning that whole affair, opting now to lean against the wall. His back lands on it for only a moment before he lets himself slide ungracefully, shirt rising up, crumpled with friction, as he made his way to sit listlessly upon the ground.

It was all to much for him and for Tae who himself was lying on his side, staring blankly at the cream wall, small black markings ruining perfection.

No one, against Jin's earlier judgements, had any clue what to do now, even after so many questions had been answered.

The group had the same understanding and idea of what to do next as they would have if they had woken up in the times of King Arthur. Chased from the castle for their abrupt and magical appearance, and left upon the streats with no means of survival. It was a very disorienting sensation.

***

A/N
I am gonna start painting again this weekend 🖌🖌🖌🖼🎨🎨🎨
🖤💜🖤💜
🎩🎩🎩