Daydream: Ch 29

You woke up, the tiniest stream of golden string shivering through the room to land directly over your left eye. You rolled away from the concentrated beam of day in attempted escape, but found that your restlessness left you unable to rest. Damn it.

Unable to calm yourself into sleep, you let your stomach pull you into motion as you followed it's calls to be feed. You raced out the room at a snails pace, aproaching the flights of stairs with solumn resolve.

After a decent amount of time and your slow thudding down the flight, though your hunger beckend your steps to hasten, you find yourself on the ground floor, in a stareoff with the fridge.

You aproach it cautiously, hopefully, but know inevitably that you would face disapointment when you open its pristine white doors to find only a empty husk.

'Ugh, so many obsticals to face so early in the day. Why me?' You internally whined. Disapointed that you would have to hunt for food in this foregn land so early in the game. And what is worse, you still doned your pajamas, your clothes and wallet left discarded in a corner of your strange, albeit comfy, bedroom.

You decid to just rip the bandage off. What you found wasn't the stinging pain, but a pleasent happy supprise. The fridge was stocked. To full capacity. With all the essentials. Not a single shelf left bare. Not a single item left forgotten.

In your amazement you rush to open all the cupboards, several hanging doors left in the wake of your determined path. What you found was, well everything. You couldn't go shoping even if you wanted to. There was simply no room for additional purchases. You stand in admiration of your stash, 'who on earth? Did they think I needed to feed an army?' (Ha lol, you are an ARMY so when you eat you are feeding an army). Then you kind of panic remembering that food goes off. You were never going to be able to eat all that.

You just look around wondering what to do, finding yourself simply closing the wooden cabinets and gazing mindlessly into the fridge. Your body works on instinct, leaving your brain to go fishing in a frozen lake, as it grabed ingreadents. It chops and dices, frys and steams. The smell it manages to muster from the pan above the ring of flames ignitise your mind into action. The lake melts and you snap the rod up as you catch that fish, your mind clearing from its daze with a passionate longing. Longing for the food on the plate to find it's home within your stomach via the channels where your eager tastebuds stand to attention in pools of anticipation. Swimers eager to dive head first off the board into the ocean of flavour that was your breakfast. You dig your spoon into the fluffy omlet and heap it up, sending it down the path of your throat with no hesitation. You savour those bounding, passionate, flavours and comtinue on full steam ahead. Soon you lap up the last traces of your meal and sit in momentary disappointment at its disapearance.

After doing the dishes you get ready for an outing. A walk around to locate things of importance. You have just under a week before university life beckons you back into its heavy arms, choaking the air from you with each task it sets. And you need to prepare. You need to put yourself in the best position to fight back against it's strong jaws of suffering. You not only need to locate all important aspects of your new study life: your class halls, the textbooks, and oh, the university itself, but you also need to prepare your mind. And today you decided to focus on the latter, to worry about the more daunting things tomorrow.

Tiping your hat slightly in adjustment, you walk out the concrete entryway into the streets of Seoul. Pasing many as you walk in a happy trance, a light feeling that had not graced your pain riddled body in such a long time.

The day was bright, but not blaring so. A soft warmth encompassing you, the world's breath pushing your hair behind your head in gentle waves as your jacket ripples and flys out by your sides. You head left, gazing through the crystal storefronts as your eyes oogle the interiors. It is a clean, crisp street, fashionable finishes to each aspect - a trait that is unfamiliar to the standard streets back home. This world seems so unfamiliar. The trees are the wrong shade of green, standing at just the wrong hight. The streets are too wide and the path to narrow and smooth. Normaly you would trip at least once while walking, but not today, no there was no crack or rise in the slabs to allow you such a blunder. The faces you pass, the language spoken from their lips in idle conversation, the fashion that parads the streets, the colour of the damn sky - all these things are different. Vastly so to all you know, and you should fell isolated. But as you wonder and glance out upon the world, you fell nothing but plesent contentment, with just the slightest hint of something missing. You just think the feeling stems from a longing for you family and friend, but in actuality, it comes from your incomplete bond with your seven mates.