A Star's Calling: Ch 30

They were in discussion when they felt it. Concerned and uncertain words interrupted by a feeling, a small tingling in their minds that told them you were near. They moved to stare down at the crowd, also moving away from the topic of the incident. From Hobi's seemingly inexplicable pain.

He had been sitting in one of the soft black rolly chairs that sat around the long conference table. He was observing his six brothers discuss their views and questions with PD nim, the man himself sat at one head whilst Namjoon punctuated the other. There was a slight hint of panic as the tired wolf heard, "but we have no proof," trickle from the mouth of Jimin.

At this he turned and spoke himself, an air of certainty, "we have no proof of anything. I know it wasn't just my pain. It must be related to the bond".

"Yeah, why would hyung just collapse like that for no reason?" Tae's eyes mirrored his feelings.

Their leader sighed and bit his cheek before speaking, "well... if that is true, and such an intense pain was a result of the bond... then we may have a problem".

The room fell into a silence of consideration as all eight deliberated his remark. Then Jungkook protested, "but we have no proof," as he repeated his hyungs earlier sentiment. He quickly continued before the room transformed into a sighing mess at his unhelpful comment, "nothing like this has ever happened before. The only thing that develops with the bond is a greater mindlink. Why would pain be a good indicator of a growing connection? That is a rather juxterposing trait and one that would likely have been recorded somewhere in werewolf history. So why isn't it?" He paused and looked around before raising a brow and answering his own posed question, a jut of his chin as the words flow, "because it isn't due to the bond".

"Well that's no better. Why did I collapse then. Why would I feel something so excruciatingly painful when there is nothing wrong with me?" He didn't like the idea of them all turning to pick at his faults (what faults Hobi? You have none) in order to find the cause. And anyhow, he was certain that it was related to you, and that they should be focusing on that, cause if he felt it, then what about you? Were you ok?

"Well if it wasn't you. And say it was the bond. Why only you. What about Tae?" Yoongi asked the question which found its place in Jin's head. The elder decided to continue the rappers point, "your bond's should be near equal in their progression. Why would it only be you?"

Everyone turned to look at Tae and he panicked under their stares. He had no reason to, he just felt like they expected a grand answer from him. Their unwanted eyes lingering too long on his unwarranted expresion of feareful ignorance.

"Well they are human," chimed in the buisness man who had lay in silent observation of the bickering discusion, skillfully drawing the eyes of the room from the startled goose of a man. His arms were proped by his elbows upon the grand oak, hands grasped in a thoughtful intwining of fingers as he leant forward, head hovering slightly above them. "And you are wolves. Powerful ones. And this has never before occured, so off course, if this is related to the bond, there would be no written history".

They all looked at the man they considered their uncle and their eyes coated over in ceramic thought as their gazes lingered. They considered his words well, and as Jin added, "maybe it is a fluctuation," they all began to consider this posibility as a reality.

"That could be. It could just be the bond trying to force us together. Fluctuating in the process due to instability," Namjoon pondered as he expresed his questioned thoughts aloud to the group.

In response the boy next to him decided to add his bid. "Maybe Tae didn't feel it cause it was only a warning and the moon goddess didn't want to kill two of us off at once," Jimin provided as his hair fell to cover one eye, the man elegantly brushing it aside as he lent back relaxingly into his chair. They all looked at him perplexed. And so did the author. How could he say that so calmly? Why would he even think one of them would have to die just for a warning?