The trip continues: Ch 39

As you walked back through the halls of shops and move towards the exit you had decided to ask Namjoon to let you carry the bags he was holding for you. Not only did you feel bad for making him carry your stuff, but it also looked as if he were in pain. So you asked to take the bags, and if not all of them, than at least some.

He hesitated, eyebrows wrinkling in thought as he gazed upon your beautiful face. Then he remembered how you had handled the weight of the juice only the day prior, bearing it well with determination and strength even if it was not easy for you. And he was feeling an almost excruciating pain on the skin a little bellow his heart. A circle of pain that appared as soon as you broke contact with Jungkook's hand.

Namjoon thought it was very strange. Why was he feeling pain when you weren't? By no means did he want you to be in pain, it was just, he didn't understand. This was because of the bond right? If not, then well firstly, what a coincidence in timing, and secondly, was he dying then?

Answering your request he nodded, passing half his load to you as he walked on your right.

You took them, at first only wincing slightly at the pain in your knee caused by the increase in weight. You had forgotten about how bad the scrape was, thought you could manage something so simple as carrying your own bags even if your leg was impairing you.

In attempt to even the presure you shifted two of the smaller bags to your left side, imediatly toppling as you did.

You got ready to yelp in pain, the impact of the floor surely sending a dose of it through you. Yet the sensation never came, instead it was replaced with that of two hands.

You peakes your lids open to find answers, locating them right before your eyes.

Jungkook had grabbed you right before your knees hit the ground, moving swiftly before you to catch your falling body with his hands, securing them tightly, protectivly, under your arms.

His eyes were wide, extremely so, and he took two deep and shaky breaths before they returned to a normal size. They looked fondly at you, glad that you were safe and in his hold.

You gulped nervously, trying your hand at a joke to remove the tension, "so... was reflex training part of your idol lessons or is your excellent reaction time due to something Jin fed you? If it's the latter, well then, that just makes me want to eat his cooking even more".

You laughed at the end, your words and cheer causing a wide smile to appear on Hoseok as he stood behind you, similar happiness spreading to the features of the other members.

From besides the youngest, Tae looked down at you with a little twinkle in his eyes, "he will be glad to hear that".

Looking up you looked into his eyes and smiled proudly, "he is a great cook, anyone would be lucky to eat a meal served by him. And I am sure that I am not the only one who thinks this way".

"No, but he will definitely be overjoyed to hear that you think so highly of his skills," Tae reaffirmed before his mouth closed, his face blanking as he looked up.

Then all the smiles vanished, Hoseok's face dropping into a stern expresion as Namjoon stood beside him mirroring his still seriousness with his own stoic features, his pain now gone and focus filling his mind.

Jungkook didn't even blink. He suddenly removed his jumper, hastily fluttering it through the air and gently landing it upon your back. He helped you into it, zipping it up and tucking your hair under the folds of material before bringing the hood up to cover your forehead.

He looked briefly away from your face, squinting at something in the distance behind you. You turned to follow his gaze but were blocked by his hands upon your sholders keeping you in place and Hoseok's legs which obscured your view.