xii. justice is tricky

"FLAMEKEEPER PROMISED WE would be heard!" Semet exclaims, as he walks into the throne room

       "FLAMEKEEPER PROMISED WE would be heard!" Semet exclaims, as he walks into the throne room. After the battle at the village Semet had brought Octavia and Kya to Polis. On the way there Octavia told Kya what had happened, that Bellamy was fine, but they had lost some of their people during the battle. Kya had been passed out the entire time since being knocked out and she felt completely helpless. Ever since coming back to Arkadia Kya felt like she had no control over her life. That would change soon. She was tired of being dragged around and told what to do. She was the great Fayaheda after all, and she didn't take orders from anyone.

"Titus? What is this?" Lexa questions as Semet walks in.

"Something you need to hear, Heda." Titus whispers to his Commander.

"Kya. Octavia." Clarke calls as the two girls stumble into the room. Kya thrashes around in the grounders hold. They had made sure to take extra precautions with her, tying her hands behind her back, multiply ropes covering her wrists.

"Forgive ai gon intruding ona disha holy deyon, Heda. Ai laik semet kom trikru en ai kom op seeking justice." (Forgive me for intruding on this holy day, Commander. I am Semet of Trikru and I come seeking justice.) Semet explains, bending the knee.

"Gouva klin yourself.  Chomouda dula op yu hold Fayaheda en Okteivia kom skaikru honon?" (Explain yourself. Why do you hold Fayaheda and Octavia of Skaikru prisoner?) Lexa questions, looking towards Octavia and Kya.

"Emo are prisoners kom war, Commander- brought hir gon bear witness gon  fotones kom em kru." (They are prisoners of war, Commander- brought here to bear witness to the crimes of their people.) Sement tells Lexa.

"What crimes? What happened?" Clarke interrupts, walking up to Semet.

"Skaikru attacked their village." Titus speaks up. "Cause their warriors were lost and your people massacred the army we sent to protect you, their village were defenseless."

"Beja Heda. Ai beja daun yu. Goch klin yumi." (Please Commander. I beg you. Avenge us.) Sement exclaims.

"Jus drain jus daun!" (Blood must have blood.) Grounders begin to chant.

-

"Today I call upon the armies of the 12 Clans to march on Arkadia. Not to attack, but to contain. We will blockade the 13th Clan. We will keep them from the lands they wish to possess. We will give them time to take out their leaders from within. Once they rise up against them, then we will welcome them back as one of us." Lexa raises her voice. After learning about the attack on the grounder village Lexa, Titus, and Clarke left to talk things over. Lexa had just returned, getting ready to announce what she had decided on.

"You heard the Commander. Send riders. Tell your armies to set up a buffer zone around Arkadia. 5 miles should be enough to keep them away from our villages." Titus exclaims. "What are their orders, Heda?"

"Eni skaikru caught outside  line na na subject gon a frag op order." (Any Skaikru caught outside the line will be subject to a kill order.) Lexa announces. Kya, Clarke, and Octavia's eyes all widen at Lexa's words.

"Heda, I do not understand, how is this vengeance?" Semet questions.

"That is not vengeance, my brother, this is justice." Lexa tells Semet.

"Skaikru killed my son, and my brother, and my wife! The steer of the Commander will not protect us! Then what will!" Semet yells, turning towards the other grounders.

"You mind yourself, Semet." Titus states.

"Death gon Heda!" (Death to the Commander.) Semet suddenly yells, yanking his dagger out. He charges at Lexa, but is stopped by Titus. Grabbing ahold of his dagger Titus slits Semet's throat, pushing his now dead body to the ground.

"Blood must have blood." Titus whispers, turning to face Lexa.

-

"No wonder you wanted to stay." Octavia comments as the girls walk into Clarke's room.

"Stop. You know why I'm here." Clarke exclaims. "Are you two okay?"

"We're fine. I saw Indra in the crowd. Why wasn't she with Lexa?" Octavia questions.

"Indra's not doing so well, Octavia." Clarke tells her. "We can't deal with that right now."

"Okay, so what do we do?" Octavia questions.

"I have to talk to Lexa." Clarke states.

"You just did that and came out with a kill order on all of us. That's the second time that she left us all to die." Kya mumbles.

"The 12 clans want a war, you know that. Lexa is just trying not to wipe us out." Clarke explains.

"Why am I not surprised that you are still defending her." Octavia speaks up.

"I'll see what I can do. Kya come with me. Octavia, stay here." Octavia rolls her eyes at Clarke's commands, Kya would have done the same if she didn't want to talk to Lexa.

"Someone tried to kill you today. How are you this calm?" Clarke asks as they walk into Lexa's room.

"You two are angry about the kill order." Lexa comments, not evening look towards the two women.

"Yes." Clarke states.

"How else would you have me enforce the blockade?" Lexa questions, turning towards Kya and Clarke. When neither woman answers Lexa knows she did the only thing she could without starting a war against Skaikru.

"So when do we have to leave?" Clarke questions. Before Lexa could answer Clarke, Titus comes barging into her room.

"Wanheda, Fayaheda blockade goes into effect at dawn. I made an arrangement for you two to take two of our fastest horses." Titus tells the girls.

"Thank you." Clarke mumbles.

"Actually." Lexa begins. "I asked Clarke to stay in Polis as my guest. But Kya will still be going back to Arkadia."

"Clarke, Kya, will you excuse us?" Titus questions, staring at Lexa. Both girls nod before exiting the room.

"So you and Lexa." Kya begins once the girls step out into the empty hall.

Clarke shakes her head. "There is no me and Lexa."

Kya's eyebrow raises at Clarke's statement. "Clarke, things may be different now, but I still know you. I know what you look like when you have feelings for someone."

Clarke shakes her head, continuing to deny Kya's claims. "When you get back to Arkadia put Pike and Bellamy in their places. They don't call you Fayaheda for nothing." With that parting statement Clarke walks away, leaving Kya alone.