xxviii. heavy lies the crown

"WE'VE BEEN AT this for two days, there must be something we haven't thought of

"WE'VE BEEN AT this for two days, there must be something we haven't thought of. What if we could reach the nearest nuclear reactor?" Bellamy questions, pacing back and forth.

"I told you, the meltdown started months ago there's no magic button to turn them off. This isn't black rain but it will be soon. That's why we have to focus on riding out the radiation, finding some place safe. And big enough to hold all five hundred of us." Raven explains.

"This isn't just about saving us. We made a promise to Roan, it's about saving everyone." Clarke speaks up, glancing towards Kya, the girl was currently mindlessly twirling a dagger between her fingers.

"That's why we need to tell everyone. Crowdsource it. If there's another Mount Weather out there the Grounders will know about it." Raven exclaims.

"You think they're just gonna tell us? Just like that?" Bellamy questions. "If you tell everybody they're going to die the Coalition is over, Roan falls and the Grounders will be at our gate."

"Then just tell our people. We need more minds on this problem. On the Ark, people volunteered for the Culling because they were told the truth and given a choice." Raven continues, turning towards Clarke. "A choice your dad died for."

"You think I've forgotten that?" Clarke exclaims, anger laced in her voice.

"Ok, we'll tell everybody the truth as soon as we have a viable solution." Bellamy interrupts. "Without one, it'll start a panic."

"You don't know that." Raven begins.

"That's it!" Monty suddenly announces.

"What are you talking about?" Kya questions, finally looking up from the dagger.

"Think." Murphy states. "Alpha Station survived for ninety-seven years in space, through elevated radiation levels and extreme temperature fluctuations. Sound familiar? All we have to do is patch up the ship. We're standing in our viable solution."

-

"Battery's full. If we're lucky we won't have to stop to recharge." Bellamy exclaims as they load up the rover. They had decided that fixing up the Ark was their best option, now they just needed to get into Ice Nation to get a hydro generator from Farm Station.

"Even luckier if Roan's seal will work it's supposed to. If you get in trouble, just show this." Clarke mumbles, handing Bellamy the seal Echo had given them before they left Polis.

"Got it, thanks." Bellamy mutters, taking the seal from Clarke. Clarke nods, leaving Bellamy and Kya by themselves. "You could still come with us."

"I can't. Arkadia is just plan B, it doesn't help the Grounders. I'm not stopping until we have a solution that saves everyone." Kya tells him.

Bellamy nods, placing a chaste kiss on her lips. "We save who we can save today." Kya smiles lightly as Bellamy pulls away. Turning towards the rover, Bellamy closes the back door. "All right, lets go."