xxxii. a good death

KYA HAD GOTTEN word from Octavia saying that Echo had captured Bellamy while he was out hunting, so she left Clarke in charge and was on her way to Polis

       KYA HAD GOTTEN word from Octavia saying that Echo had captured Bellamy while he was out hunting, so she left Clarke in charge and was on her way to Polis. "Der she ste!" (There she is!) Kya suddenly hears a familiar voice yell. Looking back she see it's Echo and some Azgeda warriors. Turning back she kicks her horse lightly, picking up speed. "Dise, oso'll kot op em off!" (This way, we'll cut her off.) They'd done just that, cutting her off so she wasn't able to go straight. Shaking her head, Kya turns her horse heading in an opposite direction.

"Roan, what the hell did you do?" Kya whispers to herself as she flies through the woods. Why were they after her? Echo was still following after her as Kya came up upon a cliff, with about a 50 foot drop. Jumping off her horse, Kya watches as it runs away. The blonde then turns to Echo, yanking out her sword. "Chit ste going ona?" (What is going on?)

"Yu na wan op today Fayaheda." (You will die today Fayaheda.) Echo states.

"Why are you doing this?" Kya questions, glancing between Echo and the two other grounders.

"Won raun leg." (One in the leg.) Echo mumbles, as the grounder lifts up his bow. Quickly grabbing one of the daggers strapped to her leg Kya throws it, hitting the grounder in the chest. She watches as he falls to the ground, dropping his bow. If Echo wanted Fayaheda, Kya would happily give her to her.

Echo and the other grounder jump off their horses, blades drawn, they run towards Kya. The grounder attempts to hit Kya first, but she blocks him, knocking him in the head. With him distracted for a moment she's able to focus on Echo. Both woman fighting with even skill. Kya's able to get the upper hand, cutting Echo's leg. The Azgeda woman gasps as Kya punches her, knocking her to the ground. Turning to the other grounder Kya is able to cut his throat, leaving just her and Echo.

"I've never liked you." Echo begins, twirling her sword. "You killed some of my friends in that massacre you committed in Azgeda."

"Your friends were assholes." Kya snaps, lunging towards her. While Echo was talking Kya was able to pull out her second dagger, grabbing Echo Kya places the knife to her throat. Before she can cut the woman's throat open Echo kicks her away, sending the dagger flying. Kya quickly jumps back up, grabbing her sword. The women swing at one another as Echo begins to move forward so Kya is forced to back up, getting close to the edge of the cliff.

Echo is able to knock Kya's sword out of her hands. The blonde ducks as Echo swings at her, dropping to the ground she crawls towards her sword. Jumping up from the ground, Kya turns to Echo only to feel a sharp pain in her stomach. Kya gasps at the pain as she looks down. Sticking out of her stomach was Echo's sword. Kya lets out a sharp breath as Echo yanks her sword away. Grabbing onto her stomach, Kya begins to stumble backwards. She's already lost too much blood so she doesn't notice when there is no longer solid ground under her feet. It feels like a dream as Kya falls, her world going black as she stares up at the sky.

"Yu gonplei ste odon, Fayaheda. Kya, kom Skaikru." (Your fight is over, Fayaheda. Kya, of the sky people.) Echo states.

-

"Doesn't matter what we do. We'll always end up here... on the brink of war." Bellamy suddenly says, glancing towards Kane. Both men were sitting, locked up in a cell.

"Abby's on the island. She'll find a cure. I know she will." Kane whispers. "Hey... We will get through this."

"On your feet." Echo mumbles, walking into the cell.

"What are you doing?" Kane questions as Roan walks in.

"We're bringing you home. Your ship is shelter from Praimfaya, so I intend to take it." Roan exclaims.

"You don't have to do this. We can find a solution together." Kane tries to stop him.

"That time has passed." Roan states, turning towards his guards. "Get them ready to march."

"Kya and Clarke won't let you take the ship." Bellamy speaks up, thinking of Kya. "Kya will kill you before you even get the chance."

Roan glances at Echo, nodding. Echo gulps, knowing this would break both men. Slowly she turns back around to face Kane and Bellamy. Echo pulls out Kya's sword, dropping it at Bellamy's feet. Kane and Bellamy's eyes both widen at the bloody sword. "Fayaheda is already dead."

"No. No, no." Bellamy begins to mumble, shaking his head.

"I am sorry." Roan states.

Bellamy turns away from them, not wanting them to see him cry. He couldn't believe it. They had to be lying. But Kya didn't go anywhere without her sword. She always said she'd rather be killed than give it up.

"It was a good death." Echo speaks up.

"Oh." Bellamy begins shaking, tears falling from his face.

"Lid in prisoners." (Bring the prisoners.) Roan commands.

"Oh, my." Bellamy cries, dropping to his knees he begins to scream. "No! No! No! No! No! No!" Kane shakes his head, sobbing while they grab ahold of him. His daughter, his little girl was dead. Both men cry as they are taken away, not believing the person who means the world to both of them is gone.

-

Kya groans as she wakes up. The first thing she feels is the tongue of an animal licking her, then she feels water, and lastly she feels the pain coming from her stomach. Gasping, she drags herself out of the water, trying to reach her horse. "Helios." Kya weakly calls. She groans as she grabs ahold of the horses stirrup, using all her strength to pull herself up. Barely able to keep her eyes open, Kya lays down on the animal managing to get her last words out. "Home, Helios. Take me home."