xxx. from the ashes we will rise

"THE END IS coming

       "THE END IS coming. Hear me as I say it this time. The end is coming, and it's coming soon." The man on the tablet tells his followers.

"He gave this speech two weeks before the bombs." Jaha mumbles.

"The world is dark and getting darker all the time. Everything we once trusted has turned on us-- government, religion. Even technology has become a weapon in their hands used to poison our minds. I know you're in pain. I know you're afraid, but it doesn't have to be like this. There is a way out of the darkness. I can show it to you. You can be saved. Join me. Join us, and together when the horsemen come, from the ashes, we will rise." The man continues.

Kya glances towards Bellamy, then back to Clarke. Shaking her head she hands the tablet to Jaha. "Please tell me you have more than this."

"In the two years before the bombs, Cadogan sold off most of the Second Dawn's real estate holdings, generating tens of millions of dollars, but there was one thing he didn't sell." Jaha begins, pulling something up on the tablet then handing it back to Kaya. "I found this in his autobiography. It's his childhood home. His father built a bunker there to save his family. I think Cadogan used the church's money to expand it."

"He grew up there. Maybe he kept it for sentimental value." Bellamy comments.

Jaha shakes his head. "Hmm. His father beat him almost daily in that house. He hated living there."

"Why keep it if you're liquidating everything else?" Clarke questions.

"Because that bunker is there. I can feel it." Jaha states.

"Guy sounds like a religious fanatic to me." Bellamy mumbles.

"Maybe, or maybe he was just a leader willing to do whatever it took to save his people." Jaha exclaims.

-

"Cadogan learned how to survive from his father." Jaha mumbles as they jump out of the rover, having reached the bunker. "They hunted in these woods. This is it."

"Well, if anyone'e entitled to a lucky break, we are." Bellamy sighs.

"You hear that?" Jaha questions. "No insects." Jaha didn't mean it any sort of way, he didn't even know what it meant. But his comment caused the leaders to look at one another in worry. "What?"

"Luna said the fish were dying." Kya begins.

"What are the things that eat the fish and bugs gonna eat now?" Bellamy exclaims.

Kya looks towards Bellamy, shrugging her shoulders. "What happened to us deserving a lucky break?"

"So what are we looking for?" Clarke questions as they begin to search for the bunker.

"The bunker would have been at the lowest point." Jaha explains.

"Anything structural." Bellamy calls out. "Be careful."

They search for a bit, but it doesn't take very long to find it. "Over here." Clarke calls, Jaha and Bellamy walking over to the girls.

Bellamy points his flashlight down the stairs before turning to Kya and Clarke. "Stay behind me." Listening to him, they all follow after Bellamy. "Watch you head."

Once they were down in the bunker it was hard to see, even with the flashlights. The room was covered in cob webs and there were some skeletons laying in the corner. "Oh, Bellamy don't." Kya groans as Bellamy reaches down, pulling something away from the skeleton.

Bellamy ignores the blonde, picking up the coin. "From the ashes, we will rise." Bellamy stands back up, glancing down at the skeleton. "Not this guy, huh."

Jaha takes it from Bellamy, flipping it over in his hand. "The 11th seal. Their faith was based on 12 seals. Followers could level up by unlocking them one at a time. Only those who reached level 12 could achieve salvation."

"Huh." Clarke sighs. "Maybe that's why they didn't let him in."

"I was right." Jaha exclaims, running towards the door Clarke was pointing to.

"What if they are still in there?" Kya questions.

Bellamy looks towards Kya before walking up to the door, banging on it. "Hey! Is anyone in there?"

When no one answers Jaha begins searching the door, running his hand down the side of it. "It's still sealed."

"There's no locks, no handles." Kya mumbles, flashing her light on it.

"That's is because it was designed to be opened from the inside." Jaha states.

"Or from the outside by somebody with a rover." Bellamy speaks up.

-

"What happened?" Kya questions as the rope they tied to the door and rover snaps off.

"Let's go find out." Bellamy mumbles, jumping out of the rover.

"It worked." Jaha says in awe as the make their way down the stairs, back to the bunker door. Walking into the room, it was pitch black, until Bellamy lights a flare. The room immediately lit up as Kya's eyes widened. "This can't be." The 'bunker' wasn't a bunker at all, it was just a cave filled with skeletons.

"It wasn't sealed." Bellamy exclaims. "The radiation would have killed them in days. This won't save anyone."

-

Kya sighs as she stares down at the list. Clarke was with her mom helping Luna and the others, so it was all up to Kya. Looking across the room, Kya lets a small smile appear on her face as she watches Bellamy sleep. Looking back down, that smile instantly falls. Kya was on the 99th person and she still had so many names she wanted to write down. Bellamy had been the first name she wrote, her and Clarke had talked about it for days deciding if they were going to put their own names on the list. Shaking her head Kya writes Clarke's name in the 99th slot, she wasn't going let her die. Tears begin to well in Kya's eyes as she stares at the last slot.

"If I'm on that list, you're on that list." Bellamy suddenly says. Kya looks up to see him standing over her shoulder.

"Bellamy, I can't." Kya begins.

"Write it down." Bellamy states. "Kya, I won't live in a world where you're not in it. Write it down, or I will." Kya shakes her head, tears falling down her face. Reaching down, Bellamy grabs ahold of the list, writing 'Kya Kane' in the last slot.

Kya sighs as Bellamy sets the pen down. "So what now?"

"Now we put it away and hope we never have to use it." Bellamy mumbles.

"You still have hope?" Kya questions, looking up at Bellamy.

"As long as I have you by my side I'll have hope, Kya." Bellamy exclaims, helping her out of the chair she was sitting in.

More tears fall from Kya's face as she speaks. "I love you, so much Bellamy."

Bellamy smiles as he kisses Kya. "I love you too."