xxvii. now we survive

"WELL?" CLARKE QUESTIONS as they stand in the flame room

"You're not gonna like it." Bellamy mumbles.

"When you two destroyed the City of Light there were a thousand Azgeda warriors inside the City of Polis." Indra begins.

"Good timing." Octavia mutters.

"The only way to remove them is by force." Indra finishes.

"Then let's remove them." Octavia states.

"Slow down, you're talking about a war." Abby interrupts them.

"Yes, Rockline, Flokru, and Broadleaf will join Trikru without question. We'll still be short." Indra explains.

"This is madness." Abby whispers. "We should be leaving with the others."

Kane shakes his head. "They know where we live if we run they'll follow. There are eight other clans, how do we get them to join us?"

"I can do it." Indra exclaims before turning towards Clarke. "But I'll need to the flame."

"No." Clarke shakes her head.

"Clarke, the other clans will follow whoever has the flame." Bellamy speaks up.

"Azgeda won't." Clarke snaps.

"Then we fight." Octavia drawls. "That's the point."

"No it's not." Kya chimes in. "The point if we don't have time for a fight. We have to save Roan."

"Save him?" Octavia questions. "They won't let us near him."

"Wait a second." Abby exclaims, noticing the looks on the three leaders faces. "What don't we know?"

Kya sighs before speaking. "The reason Alie created the City of Light."

"Why?" Kane questions.

"Nuclear reactors inside power planets that survived the bombs are melting down. Radiation levels are already rising. If we can't figure out a way to fix it, all of us will be dead in six months." Kya explains, looking towards Bellamy and Clarke.

"Alie told you this?" Kane continues.

Kya and Clarke nod. "Yes."

"And you believe her?" Abby questions, her eyebrows raising.

"Raven's looking into it." Bellamy supplies.

"I believe her." Kya states.

"Even if it's true, that's six months away. There are a thousand Ice Nation warriors on the street who want to kill us today." Indra adds.

"They won't kill us." Kya shakes her head.

"How could you possibly know that?" Octavia exclaims.