xxv. hope is the goal

"CLARKE?" KYA QUESTIONS when she opens her eyes, red hair blowing in her face

"CLARKE?" KYA QUESTIONS when she opens her eyes, red hair blowing in her face. Her eyebrows furrow in confusion as she looks down at her red locks, though that confusion disappears when she sees Clarke who looks the exact same as the day they came down to earth.

"Kya." Clarke breathes out. "Your hair." Both girls gasp as they turn, taking in a beautiful city. The type of city they only saw in picture books on the Ark.

"C'mon." Kya begins. "We have to go."

"Kya." Clarke whispers when they pass someone on the street. Expecting the man to turn to them both girls tense, but the man just continues to walk past them.

"I told you." Kya states. "The flame is protecting us." Looking around Kya's eyes widen when she sees Jasper crossing the street, an ice cream cone in his hand. "Jasper?" Just like they weren't there, Jasper walks past them.

"Kya. Clarke." A voice whispers their names as they look around. Kya's eyebrows furrow when she notices the sacred symbol on a traffic sign.

"Clarke." Kya gains Clarke's attention, pointing towards the sign. They begin walking towards the sign when it suddenly disappears. They stop in their tracks, turning to one another in confusion. Like their question was being answered a woman walked past them, her hair tied in a knot like the sacred symbol.

Kya and Clarke follow the woman until Kya trips, falling to the ground. As she begins to stand up she notices blood on the ground, dripping out from her nose. "Kya." Clarke exclaims in fear, obviously the blood wasn't a good sign.

"I'll be fine." Kya mumbles, jumping up. Both girls freeze when everyones attention turns to them. Had the flame stopped hiding them? Before finding out, Kya and Clarke take off. Kya tries her best to keep up with Clarke, but she was getting weaker by the second.

"C'mon, Kya." Clarke mutters, trying to hold Kya up and run at the same time. It was too much though as Kya falls to the ground, taking Clarke with her. Within seconds people were running up to them, punching and kicking both girls. Kya growls as she tries to stand and fight, but she's too weak.

A familiar scream causes Kya to look up as she watches Lexa kill their attackers. "Lexa." Kya states, her eyes widening.

Lexa turns, smirking at Kya. "Oh, how the tables have turned." Clarke and Kya watch as Lexa defends them, killing the people that were still running towards them. Moving over to the girls, Lexa helps them up. Kya mumbles a quick thanks before stepping away, giving Lexa and Clarke a moment.

"Oh, my God." Clarke breathes out, bringing Lexa into a hug.

As the two women pull away Lexa looks in between Clarke and Kya. "Our fight is not over." Kya nods as Lexa and Clarke wrap their arms around her, helping her as they run to safety.

"Something's wrong. I can't-" Kya cries as they set her on some steps. She was in so much pain.

"Hey. Hey." Lexa begins, trying to encourage Kya.