xli. the last conclave

KYA TWIRLS ONE of her daggers around as she watches the other warriors prepare

KYA TWIRLS ONE of her daggers around as she watches the other warriors prepare. Going into the battle she would have her usual sword and two daggers, though they were new daggers since she had lost her old ones during her fight with Echo.

"Dad." Kya exclaims when she notices her father, walking over to him she pulls him into a hug.

"All right, listen to me." Kane begins, pulling away from his daughter. "The blue cliff warrior, she has two corvo blades. I just saw her practicing. She's left-handed. You go for her weak hand."

Kya nods. "Okay"

"Plains rider and the warrior from Shallow Valley, they're strong, but they're slow. You can avoid them, not to mention the black rain, which could fall at any moment, so you stay close to cover." Kane continues as his daughter nods.

"Kya." Bellamy speaks up. "You don't need any of this. When the starting horn blows, just stay out of sight and let the others thin out the competition."

Kya shakes her head. "I don't need to hide."

"I know, Kya, but you don't need to go up against the strongest warrior from every clan." Bellamy states.

"Bellamy's right." Kane chimes in. "You don't have to kill all warriors."

"I just have to kill the last one." Kya mumbles.

"Ambassadors and advisors, to the tower." A scout announces. "Champions, to your flags."

Kane pulls his daughter into another hug, pulling away he begins to speak. "You came down to earth as a girl, my little girl. I can not begin to describe how much you amaze me with the woman you have become."

Kya looks up at father, a small smile on her face. "I love you, dad."

"I love you too, Kya." Kane tells her before walking away giving Kya and Bellamy a moment.

Kya turns to Bellamy, grabbing ahold of him she pulls him close. "May we meet again."

Bellamy pulls away, placing a kiss on Kya's lips. "Damn right we will."

War drums play as scouts walk the warriors out into the city. The drums remind Kya of her heart, the rhythmic beat that is steady. Kya would not lose today.

"Yu've kom op a long edei, Fayaheda. Shame ai na souda frag op yu today." (You've come a long way Fayaheda. Shame I'll have to kill you today.) A grounder comments as he walks past Kya. The threats don't get to her, she knows that if put up against the man she would win.

They walk to their banners, waiting for the war horn to be sounded. The air buzzing through the city is electric; Kya can feel it running through her body.

As the horn goes off the man who had threatened her earlier runs towards her, Kya lets a quick smirk appear on her face as he does. Too easy she thinks. Spinning in a circle, Kya releases her sword letting it land in the mans head. And just like that, the conclave began.