xiii. an untimely passing

KYA IS HEADING back to Clarke's room, hoping to find Octavia so they could get out of Polis

       KYA IS HEADING back to Clarke's room, hoping to find Octavia so they could get out of Polis. What she didn't expect to see was Murphy tied to a chair in the middle of the room. "Murphy?" Kya whispers, running towards him.

"He's alive." A familiar voice exclaims. Kya whips around to see Titus entering the room.

"What did you do to my friend?" Kya mumbles, glaring at Titus.

"Your friend was caught stealing from people on their way to the Polis market." Titus comments.

"Hey, you're okay." Kya whispers, noticing Murphy was waking up. She was stopped when she went to untie him.

"Please don't do that." Titus states, showing Kya the gun he is holding.

Kya slowly stands up, twitching to grab her sword, but the chances of Titus having enough time to hit her or Murphy was high. "Titus, what is this about?"

"I'm sorry it had to come to this Kya. Truly I am. But Clarke is a distraction to Lexa. She needs to know that I am serious." Titus begins, moving closer to Kya.

"Look. I'm leaving right now. Octavia is waiting for me. Just let me take Murphy and we'll go." Kya tries to bargain.

"I wish I could. Clarke will never leave if you live." Titus exclaims, raising his gun at Kya.

"Hey! Titus think. Lexa and Clarke are gonna know it was you." Kya tells him.

"She'll think it was him." Titus stutters, pointing the gun towards Murphy. "Skaikru weapon in the hands of a Skaikru thief. She might be angry enough to declare war." Wasting no more time Titus shot at the blonde. Luckily, Kya dodged the bullet. Before Titus could react Kya yanked her sword out of its sheath, moving closer to the older man. Kya was able to cut his leg, then running quickly towards the door she yanked it open just as Titus took another shot at her.

Kya gasps when she sees another woman appear in front of her. "Lexa." Lexa looks down at her stomach in shock, placing her hand on the bloody wound. Kya's eyes widened as her brain processes what had just happened. Titus had shot Lexa.

"Heda." Titus breathes out dropping the gun.

Just as Lexa fell to her knees Kya caught her, letting out a blood curling yell. "Clarke!" Almost all of Polis must of heard Kya's scream because it wasn't long before Clarke ran into the room, gasping when she looked upon the scene.

"Oh, my God, Lexa." Clarke exclaims dropping to the ground. "No, no! Help me get her to the bed!"

"What have I done?" Titus mumbles as Kya and Clarke pick up Lexa, carrying her over to the bed.

"I need something to stop the bleeding." Kya exclaims, deciding that even if she didn't like Lexa, Clarke did and that was enough for Kya to want to help her.