xl. give 'em hell

THE CROWD IS filled with chatter as Kya walks in, her face clean and her hair pulled back by braids

THE CROWD IS filled with chatter as Kya walks in, her face clean and her hair pulled back by braids. "What is this? Fayaheda is no Natblida!" Indra exclaims. Kya and Gaia glance up at the woman as Gaia cuts Kya's hand, black blood falling from it. The crowd gasps as they watch the blood fall over the flame.

"Drein au kom commanders ste bilaik drein au." (The blood of the Commanders is your blood.) Gaia annouces, looking up at Kya. The blonde nods as the other clan leaders begin to chant.

"Hofli keryon choose wisely." (May the Spirit choose wisely.) Dipping her finger in Kya's blood, Gaia brings her finger up to Kya's head, running it down the length of her forehead.

"Hofli keryon kom Heda guide ai." (May the Spirit of the Commander guide me.) Kya declares. Gaia nods as Kya takes a deep breath, kneeling down to accept the flame.

"Lies upon lies." Roan suddenly speaks up.

"Get out of this sacred circle." Gaia snaps, walking towards Roan.

"There's nothing sacred about any of this." Roan begins, looking around the room. "Fayaheda is making a mockery of our faith."

"I'm trying to save us, Your Highness." Kya snaps, standing up. "You know that."

"Because you think we're savages in need of saving?" Roan accuses.

"Praimfaya is almost here." Kya glares at the man as she raises her voice.

"Then let's not waste any more time." Roan mutters. "Bring in the healer!" Turning to the doors Kya watches as Abby walks in. Kya sighs, knowing this wasn't going to work.

"What are you doing? We don't know if this works." Abby mutters, walking over to Kya. "The flame could kill you."

"I have no choice." Kya states.

"Tell them, healer." Roan yells. "Go on, tell them all how it is Fayaheda became a Natblida." Kya shakes her head as she stares at Abby, knowing the woman would tell the truth.

"Through science." Abby announces. Kya closes her eyes for a moment, angry that this plan wasn't going to work. They had nothing left.

"You made her a Nightblood?" Gaia questions.

"Yes." Abby whispers.

"But Lexa wanted me to be the Commander." Kya speaks up, all eyes turning towards her. "She was there in the City of Light when I destroyed her. She told me she wanted it to be me."

"Well then Commander." Roan drawls sarcastically. "Why don't you fit for the position. A final conclave. One champion per clan. One death instead of thousands. And whoever wins gets the bunker. Will you fight or will you burn?"

-

"The entire city is the battlefield." Clarke tells Bellamy as they gaze over Polis. Him and the rest of Arkadia had just arrived hours ago and Clarke was catching him up on everything. "No time limits. No guns. One warrior from each clan fights until only one remains."

"And the winner's clan takes the bunker?" Bellamy questions, making sure he knew how high the stakes are. "Just like that."

Clarke nods before glancing towards Bellamy. "They want Kya to fight."

Bellamy's eyes widen at Clarke's statement. She had conveniently left that piece of information out as she talked to him. "What?" Bellamy breathes out.

"She tried to become the Commander, but that didn't work. They want her to fight in the conclave, for the position and for our people." Clarke tells him, when she notices his stunned expression she tries to reassure him. "We have to have faith in Kya. She can do this."

-

Polis was buzzing to life as everyone prepared for the conclave. "Bellamy, what are you doing here?" Kya questions as she waits for Gaia to call her name.

"I just- Kya-" Bellamy begins to stutter. Kya cuts him off, noticing the tears forming in his eyes.

"Bellamy." Kya shushes him. "I can't promise you everything will be fine. But I can promise you I will fight until my last breath. No one is taking me out easily."

"That doesn't make me feel any better. Kya, this is crazy." Bellamy tells her. "You can't do this."

Kya shakes her head, keeping her gaze locked on the man she loves. "I have to. For us."

Bellamy lets a single tear fall from his eye as she kisses him. "I will always love you."

Kya nods, tears forming in her eyes as well. "Until the very end."

"It's time." A familiar voice interrupts them. Kya pulls away from Bellamy, looking up at Clarke. Kya nods, beginning to leave.

"Hey." Clarke stops her, pulling the woman into a hug. "You got this. They don't call you Fayaheda for nothing."

Kya pulls away lightly smiling. The blonde thought back to the months when she was by herself. The training she put herself through, the multiple times she laid alone in the forest because she hurt herself from pushing too hard. She thought back to her time in Azgeda, thinking about how the Queen was right. The scars on her body would never heal, but they weren't a weakness. They were a sign of strength. They showed she survived, just like how she would survive this. Kya looks between Bellamy and Clarke. "I love you guys."

They both let sad smiles take over their faces as they pull the blonde into a group hug. Moving away Bellamy lets a smirk appear on his face. "Give 'em hell."

"Kya kom Skaikru." Kya heard Gaia call her name. "Step forward." Kya exits the room, walking through the crowd. She goes to stand on the stadium with the rest of the warriors. "Accept the sigil of your clan and fight with honor as their champion." Gaia places the sigil around Kya's neck, she nods as Gaia pulls away. Kya moves to stand by Roan. Keeping an emotionless face Kya glances towards Roan.

"I won't be the one to kill you, but I will be sorry when you die." Kya states, glancing back towards the crowd.

"A battle to the death." Gaia begins when all the warriors have accepted their sigils. "Within the walls of Polis. These warriors will fight until only one remains. When that warrior collects all of the sigils from the fallen and delivers them to me, they will be declared victor. This final champion alone will tell us which clan is meant to survive in the crypt of Bekka Pramheda, and which clans are meant to perish in Praimfaya. Oso koma those chon fall by  sword ba mafta op  Won chon wields em  best." (We honor those who fall by the sword but follow the one who wields it best.)

"Dei de would na ai." (That would be me.) A voice from the crowd yells. Luna barges through the crowd, walking up the steps of the stadium. "I'm Luna kom Flokru, and I'm the last of my clan."

"We know who you are... the Natblida who ran from her conclave." Gaia exclaims.

"I'm not running from this one." Luna states. Gaia is still for a moment before she turns, picking up the last sigil.

"Accept this sigil, Luna kom Flokru, but with your clan gone, who will you fight for?" Gaia questions.

"I fight for no one. I fight for death." Luna yells, turning to the crowd. Kya's eyebrow arches as she listens to Luna, looking into the crowd she sees Bellamy, Clarke, and her father. They keep their eyes trained on Kya waiting for her to react, but she doesn't. Kya keeps her face as still as possible. She wasn't scared of Luna, she's faced far worse. "When I win... no one will be saved." Kya's last fleeting thought as Luna speaks is, she's the least of your worries, you should all be scared of me.