xxi. luna kom flokru

WHEN KYA WAKES up her eyes have to adjust to the light

WHEN KYA WAKES up her eyes have to adjust to the light. They were no longer on the island, but in some kind of metal box that had holes poked all over it. Bellamy was the next to wake up after her, then Clarke, Octavia, and finally Jasper. "Where the hell are we?" Bellamy questions, standing up.

"My swords gone." Kya exclaims, jumping up from the ground.

"Guns, too." Jasper mumbles. Suddenly the doors open, letting bright sun light to pour in. Kya has to blink a handful of times just to make out that there were people standing in front of them.

"Luna." Octavia breathes out when a woman walks in.

"Where's Lincoln?" Luna questions, softly.

Octavia swallows at her question. "Lincoln is dead."

"Lincoln said that you would help us." Clarke speaks up after a moment of silence.

"Did he?" Luna exclaims.

"Luna, you're the last of your kind. The last nightblood." Clarke tells her.

Luna's eyebrow raises at Clarke's confession. "So Lexa is dead as well."

"Her spirit has chosen you to become the next commander. Titus entrusted me with the flame to give to you." Clarke explains.

"Then he should have told you that I left my conclave swearing to never kill again." Luna states.

"You don't have to kill. To lead is your birthright, how you lead is your choice." Clarke exclaims, handing the flame to Luna. "Here."

"I recognize the sacred symbol. But what is that?" Luna questions.

"This is the flame." Clarke remarks. "It holds the spirits of the past commanders. Of Lexa. Will you take it and become the next commander?"

Luna is silent for a moment before she answers. "No." She closes Clarke's palm and begins to leave. Clarke glances towards Kya, worry in her eyes.

"Hey, wait!" Clarke yells, running after Luna. They all stop once outside of the box, in awe, noticing miles of ocean spread out on every side of them.

-

"Everywhere I looked, there were fins and teeth and blood. I knew if they saw me, I'd be next so I just floated there. Waiting, praying they'd swim off but they didn't." The girl tells her story as the group listens. After Luna had told them no they had been escorted to a main room filled with people.

"She's here. Maybe she changed her mind." Bellamy comments as the door opens. Kya, Clarke, and Bellamy walk over to Luna hoping she would listen to them.

"The boats return at nightfall, then you leave forever." Luna exclaims.

"Luna, let us explain." Kya begins.