xxvi. heroes or villains

"KYA, SWEETHEART, CLARKE

"KYA, SWEETHEART, CLARKE." Kya looks around, eyes wide as the were back in the throne room. "You did it."

"Little help here?" Murphy questions. Kya looks over to see him physically pumping Ontari's heart, the blonde almost throwing up at the sight of it.

Shaking her head Kya turns back to Abby. "We need to remove the flame." Abby nods, moving behind Kya. Kya says the command letting Abby take out flame. Abby turns, handing it to Clarke. Kya smiles lightly at the gesture before she looks over at Murphy. "Thank you."

Murphy nods. "It's just another day on the ground, right?"

As Abby unstraps Kya from the chair she sees her father. "Dad." Kya yells, running over to him. He was too busy sobbing to notice the young girl. "Dad, dad, it's okay. It's over." Kya whisper, pulling him into a hug. "It wasn't you." As he continues to cry Kya looks up, gesturing for Abby to come over.

"Are you sure?" Abby questions.

Kya nods. "He needs you too." Once Kya knew her father was being taken care off she looks over to Clarke, both of them not knowing what to do with this new information about the world ending. "Bellamy." Kya calls, noticing he was some people.

"Kya." Bellamy responds, running over to the girl. He places his hands on her face, pulling her close so their foreheads are touching. "You are amazing."

Kya lets a small smile appear on her face before she pulls him over to Clarke. "We have to tell you something."

At their serious expressions Bellamy's eyebrows furrow. "You two are not acting like someone who just saved the world."

Kya and Clarke glance at one another before speaking. "Be we didn't." Clarke shakes her head. "Not yet."

-

It was terrible walking into the streets of Polis. Some people were crying over their dead loved ones and some people were just dead. "How do we tell these people that the world is ending after everything they've been through?" Kya questions.

"We don't. Not until we know ALIE was telling the truth." Bellamy exclaims.

"It was the truth." Kya states.

"Still, we keep it to ourselves until we know what we're dealing with and how to stop it." Bellamy tells them.

"You're afraid of how people will react?" Clarke exclaims.

"Yes, besides I could use a break from keeping you two alive. We gave them back their pain, guys. Let's not add to that by telling them they're gonna die in six months." When Clarke and Kya nod Bellamy continues. "Good, once everyone's down, we go home and get to work. We didn't survive this long just to let a little radiation take us out."

A womans scream broke the trios moment as they ran over to her. Kya bent down, examining the man she was crying over, but she didn't see anything. "He didn't fall." Bellamy comments.

"He chased us in the City of Light." Kya explains, turning towards Bellamy. "Lexa killed him." The woman crying over the man suddenly stood up, glaring at Kya.

"Fayaheda. Yu don dula disha." (You did this.) People begin to crowd around them, murmuring and whispering about Fayaheda and Wanheda, the bringers of death. Kya rolls her eyes, glancing over to Bellamy and Clarke. So much for being heroes. Brushing past the crowd they run in to Abby and Kane.

"Good, you're down. We have to go, the rover's in the north woods." Kya tells them.

"What about the wounded?" Abby questions.

"The grounders don't want our help. Our people we treat at Arkadia." Bellamy exclaims. Before Abby can reply Bellamy's radio turned on.

"Hello?" Raven mumbles, static coming from her end. "Bellamy, come in."

The trio of leaders walk away from Abby and Kane, giving themselves some privacy. "Raven. Are you ok?" Bellamy questions.

"Yeah, we're all in one piece." Raven responds.

"Good." Bellamy begins. "There's something we need you to look into."

"First tell me how my friends are. Did everyone make it? Kya? Clarke?" Raven demands. Kya lets a small smile appear on her face as she takes the radio from Bellamy.

"I'm here, we're both here, thanks to you." Kya exclaims before becoming serious. "Raven did Alie ever tell you why she created the City of Light?"

"No. Why?" Raven questions.

"Haihefa! He's alive oso gaf a fisa!" (The king! He's alive we need a healer!) A grounder suddenly yells.

"Kya?" Raven tries again.

"Fill Raven in." Kya tells Bellamy before turning to Abby. "They need a doctor." Running down the street, Kya drops to the ground where they laid Roan. "Roan? He got shot trying to help me. I thought he was dead."

"Not yet, but he's close." Abby mutters, checking his pulse. "No exit wound, we need to get the bullet out quickly." Before Kya could even could think properly, a sword was placed to her throat.

"Get away from our King." Echo commands. Kya bites back the urge to turn and punch the woman, but she didn't want any more fighting today. Hesitantly Kya raises her hands in a surrender gesture.

"Wait, no, please." Abby begs, moving away from Roan.

"You're making a mistake, we're part of the Coalition." Kane speaks up as Echo pulls Kya closer to her.

"I can save him, but you have to let me." Abby exclaims.

"We have our own healer." Echo begins. "Hon daun haihefa gon bangeda kom rest kom oso dead. Dula'm op nau!" (Take the king to the embassy with the rest of our dead. Do it now!)

"Echo." Bellamy yells, running over to them.

"Hey, Bellamy, don't." Kya tries as Kane and Clarke attempt to hold Bellamy back.

"Let her go, Echo! Let her go!" Bellamy yells.

"Back off, Bellamy." Echo states.

"Your King is my friend." Kya breathes out. "Let us help him."

"I saw you in the City of Light, I know you destroyed it, thank you for that." Echo mumbles, pushing Kya forward into Bellamy's arms. "Look around you, Skaikru did this to us. Because of them, your rightful Commander Ontari is dead! This imposter stole her flame."

Kya glared at Echo as she thought of what Lexa had just told her mere hours ago. I wanted you to be the next Commander. "No! Fayaheda saved us! All of us. Grounder and Skaikru." Kane speaks up, defending his daughter.

"There would've been nothing to save us from if not for you." Echo continues.

Kane shakes his head, having heard enough. "Azgeda has no authority here."

"We do now." Echo exclaims. "In the name of King Roan, as rightful caretakers of the throne of the Commander, Polis is not under Azgeda rule!"

"Like hell it is. Where's your war chief, girl?" One of the Ambassadors commands, walking past them to stand in front of Echo.

"Our war chief is dead, Ambassador." Echo tells the older woman. "As a member of the Queen's guard, command of the army fallen to me until he awakens."

"If he awakens." The Ambassador corrects. "Until a new Commander can ascend, Polis is to be ruled by ambassadors of the Coalition. If Azgeda wants it, they must take it by force." Echo does just that as she slices the woman's throat open.

"Consider it taken." Echo yells, turning from the dead Ambassador. "No Skaikru leaves this city. Gon Azgeda!" (For Ice Nation!)

"Looks like saving the world will have to wait." Bellamy mumbles.