xviii. old foes

"BECCA'S JOURNAL IS amazing

       "BECCA'S JOURNAL IS amazing. At 26, she found a pathway to access a human mind. That same year, she had to lock up Alie because her answer for what was wrong with the world was too many people. She was 27 when it launched the bombs." Raven explains to them as they make their way to Arkadia. 

"What did she write about the Flame?" Kya questions, glancing back at Raven.

"Alie 2.0. She saw it as a way to atone for her sins. She designed it to not just access a human mind but to merge with one. It could never wipe us out because it would be one of us. She would put it in herself first, altered her genes so her body wouldn't reject the implant." Raven tells them.

"Bekka Pramheda, the first Commander. The gene therapy made her blood black, didn't it?" Kya exclaims.

"Yeah." Raven answers, her eyebrows furrowed.

"How did you know that?" Octavia questions, looking towards the blonde.

"Nightblood. That's where it came from. Somehow it became hereditary. Luna has it. That's why we have to find her. If she can access Alie 2." Kya trails off.

"She can tell us how to stop Alie 1." Clarke finishes.

"Bekka Pramheda gets her second shot at atonement." Sinclair mumbles.

"Get back to the mind pathway. If Alie uses it to upload our minds to the City of Light, then there's a chance my mom's still alive." Monty looks towards Raven.

"That depends on your definition of 'alive'." Raven tells him.

"Eyes sharp. Weapons high. We're almost home." Bellamy instructs causing Kya to turn towards him. The two leaders glance at one another before Bellamy picks up his radio. "Miller, come in." When Miller doesn't respond Bellamy tries again. "Harper, you there? You're ride is two minutes out."

"Good start." Jasper mumbles.

Pulling up to Arkadia it was like a ghost town, the gates were blown ride open and there wasn't a single person in camp. "We left two days ago. Why haven't they fixed the gate?" Clarke questions.

"Maybe because there's no one here to fix it." Jasper exclaims.

"Miller, where the hell are you? I don't like this." Bellamy mutters into the radio, neither Miller nor Harper and responded to Bellamy's call a bit ago.

"Maybe they got chipped." Jasper suggests.

"If they got chipped, they'd been waiting for us at the cave." Bellamy responds. Everyone was on high alert as they walked through Arkadia, Monty driving the rover in front of them.

"Maybe they saw the open gate, went in for Lincoln's book." Jasper mumbles.

"Maybe you should stop saying 'maybe'." Octavia snaps at the mention of Lincoln.