xxxvii. god complex

A NOISE DOWNSTAIRS interrupted the girls laughing as they glanced towards the door

       A NOISE DOWNSTAIRS interrupted the girls laughing as they glanced towards the door. "What was that?" Kya questions, eye brows furrowed.

"Probably just Emori and Murphy." Clarke tells her. Another loud bang causes Kya to jump out of bed, grabbing her sword. Clarke's right behind her, grabbing her gun as they leave the room.

"Murphy?" Clarke calls when they get downstairs. "Murphy, is that you?" The noise sounded like it was coming from a specific room so Kya walks over to the door, quickly opening it and turning on the lights.

"It's just the window." Kya sighs as they watch the blinds continue to knock on the window from the outside wind. "Wait, is that blood?" Kya walks over to the window, ripping the blinds up. A large part of the window was broken through and there was blood coating the edges. A creak coming from behind them caused both girls to whip around, ready for a fight.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey. Take it easy. Look, we need to talk." Murphy exclaims with both of hands raised.

"Quiet." Kya whispers. "There's someone here." Murphy's name being screamed from downstairs all causes them to take off, heading to help Emori.

"Get the hell off of her!" Murphy yells, punching Emori's attacker.

"Are you okay? Can you stand?" Kya questions, bending down to help Emori up.

Emori nods before catching sight of Murphy. "Wait! He's mine."

"Whoa, Emori." Murphy exclaims as Emori tries to stand, only to fall into his arms.

"You son of a bitch!" Emori yells, trying to reach the man.

"Leave him, leave him." Murphy restrains her.

"Get off of me. If we don't kill him now, he will kill us." Emori snaps.

"You know him?" Clarke questions, confusion written on her face.

"Baylis." Emori breathes out, glaring at the man.

"She's lying." Baylis states. "You don't know me."

"You said you'd kill me." Emori screams, lunging for the man. "Well, guess what, planhaka, I'm gonna kill you."

"Hey, hey, hey, don't move." Clarke yells, pointing her gun at Baylis when he attempts to stand.

"Just let me go. I'll leave the food, and you never have to see me again." Baylis remarks.

"Is he alone?" Kya questions, looking towards Emori.

"Not usually." Emori snarls. "Where are the others?"

"I don't know who the hell you think—" Baylis is interrupted when Emori kicks him.

"Stumucha!" Emori yells, continuing to kick the man until Clarke tells her off.

"Emori." Clarke exclaims.