[3]

hwang hyunjin drops his bag down and sat down at his usual table with his friends, before shoving his friend over to the right to make some space for himself.

"hey!" the boy shot him a death glare, "rough much?"

"sorry changbin," hyunjin said sarcastically, "give me a break, okay? i had to suffer through professor jihyo's social sciences class before this. i'm tired as hell."

"it's hyung to you, ugly ass pufferfish."

"it's the first day of school, must you verbally abuse me already?"

ignoring the two friends' bickering, someone else speaks up.

"why? did you sleep late last night?" another boy, sitting across the table with glowing handsome features, asked with obvious concern expressed on his godly face.

"yeah. had to listen to mijun's heartbreak rant through the phone last night. wasn't too happy about our breakup. ended up hanging up on her at three in the morning," hyunjin said with a smirk, before quickly stealing a fry from changbin, which earned him a slap on the head from the short boy.

"you should stop playing with all the girls you know. it's not very nice," minho said, staring seriously into hyunjin's eyes.

"you're just saying that because you have an actual solid girlfriend. and i mean, god gifted me with this face, so why not use it to get all the girls?" hyunjin said casually, causing minho to sigh and shake his head in disappointment.

"and plus," hyunjin continued, his eyes suddenly glowing bright with excitement, "think of all the new students i can play around with this year. this is going to be so fun, i finally can see prettier and fresh faces around here."

"i pity the new students," changbin said with a small sigh, "they're going to get their hearts broken by you. that's not going to be a very good experience for them, especially in their first year of college."

"wow bin, wanna be the school's counsellor?" minho teases lightly, hyunjin joining in.

"i pity the new students," hyunjin said mockingly, "really changbin, what are you? my mother?"

"shut your mouth hyunjin before i round kick you to 2050."

"sure, if your short legs can reach me."

"you son of a female do—"

before changbin could finish his sentence, a pretty girl had interrupted them, her brown eyes shining and a shy smile on her face.

an unfamiliar face.

hyunjin's insides glow with content.

'must be a freshman' hyunjin thought to himself as he leaned forward with a purr, silky voice enticing and inviting, "hi sweets, can i help you?"

a blush spread across her face as she stuttered in a small voice, "h-hi, c-can i m-maybe get your number? y-you're pretty cute."

"of course, here," hyunjin said, pulling out a white post-it note and a pen before scribbling down his number and passing it to the girl with a wink, "call me."

the girl, now blushing as brightly as ever, trembled as she took the white post-it and thanked him before walking away quickly, hyunjin then turning back around to face his friends, with a smug smile on his face.

"so do you just carry post-its wherever you go?"

"of course, a handsome guy like me must always be well-equipped."

hyunjin's complacent voice was enough to make changbin slam his head into the table, a questionable 'crack' fills the momentarily silent void before it was quickly ignored.

"poor girl," minho sighed, going back to his pasta he was eating.

"you'll regret this one day. one day when you're an old, ugly, lonely man, you're going to relive all these terrible things you did to these poor people on your deathbed."

"yeah yeah, whatever you say. anywaaaaay, are you guys going to yoon sanha's back to school party? i'm definitely going. imagine all the girls i can get there."

"eh, i don't know. i don't really like parties. but i'll go if jiwon goes," minho said, picking at his pasta.

"whipped," hyunjin butts in with his usual unwelcomed inputs before turning to changbin, "hyung?"

"i might go, if i don't have anything better to do," changbin said with a little shrug, and hyunjin had to hold back from whipping out his phone to take a shot of changbin's new angry, red bruise.

just then, a girl sat down next to minho at their table, flipping her long brown hair over her shoulder, her big hoop earrings now visible.

she had some light makeup on, and was wearing a pretty red cropped top with frills and skinny jeans, and had a dozen bracelets on her wrists. she was the definitely the definition of pretty, and was probably envied by half the girls in the school, for her looks and the fact that she was dating the lee minho.

"hey hon," she said, leaning in to kiss her boyfriend.

"hey jiwon. how's your first day back?" minho asked, shifting over to the side to give her some space after she pulled away.

"so so," jiwon shrugged, taking a sip of her coffee, her long gel nails gleaming in the sun, "hey boys."

"hey jiwon," the two boys said in unison, not looking up from their handphones.

"geez, you guys are social," jiwon said sarcastically before facing minho, "my girls and i are going to sanha's party, i came to ask if you wanna come with me."

"sure, if you want me to," minho said as he wraps an arm around his girlfriend, placing a small kiss on her cheek affectionately.

"great," jiwon melts into his arms happily, "it's settled then. we'll go."