[22]

sucking on the tip of his pen, seungmin thinks about what he should wear on friday.

should i dress casually? or formally? he didn't tell me where we would be going...

"hey doll," a familiar voice shakes seungmin out of his thoughts, "you thinking about me?"

"yeah right," seungmin lies, turning his face away from hyunjin to hide his embarrassment, "never in a million years."

"that's mean," hyunjin pouts, dropping into his seat beside seungmin, before asking in his usual sweet tone, "how was your day today?"

"it was fine," seungmin drags his chair over a little to give hyunjin a bit more space, "how about you?"

"not that great," hyunjin groans, leaning back into his chair as he cards his fingers through his hair, "changbin isn't in school today, i might just die of boredom."

"why isn't he here? don't you have minho?"

"i do, but minho only hangs out with me during lunch. we have completely separate classes, so i don't have anyone to bother during my other classes. changbin's sick."

"that must suck."

"yeah, it does," hyunjin pauses for a second, shooting a teasing grin over at seungmin, "you can fill in for changbin's spot for now."

"mr hwang!" a voice suddenly snaps them both out of their conversation, professor kim looking at them with obvious disproval on his face, "were you listening?"

"sure," a nervous smile spreads across hyunjin's face, trying his best to look as angelic as possible, whilst seungmin disguised his snort as a cough by the side.

"answer this question for me then," professor kim clears his throat, reading the question scribbled down on the whiteboard, "the hybridization of carbon atoms in alkanes is?"

hyunjin scrunches up his face, trying to think of an answer when it suddenly struck him, "oh! sp square!"

"that is correct," professor kim looks momentarily stunned, before quickly nodding, pushing his glasses up his nose, shooting hyunjin a warning glare, "but you'll still need to pay attention in class, mr hwang."

"yes sir," hyunjin smiles meekly, and the moment professor kim turns his back onto them, seungmin explodes into giggles, as hyunjin sulked, like the brat he was.

"i don't get why he didn't call on you," he complained, "you weren't paying attention too."

"that's 'cuz i'm an angel, mr hwang," seungmin snickers as hyunjin shoots him a death stare, speaking quietly through gritted teeth.

"call me that one more time, i dare you."

"what?" seungmin asks with mock innocence, and hyunjin swears he can see a halo floating above his head, "oh, you mean mr hwang?"

snap.

there goes hyunjin's patience.

"that's it."

hyunjin stretches out his arms, dragging his fingers over seungmin's sides, before roughly tickling his ribs. seungmin bursts into a quiet fit of laughter, trying is best to get hyunjin off him without his professor noticing him as he squirms and wriggles out of hyunjin's reach.

"hwang h-hyunjin," seungmin whisper-yelled in between laughing, "get off me or i'll choke you—"

"choke me then."

"i'm serious—"

hyunjin eventually stopped, once seeing professor kim stop writing, he quickly moved back to his seat, an out-of-breath seungmin glaring at him.