epilogue

eight years later...

"you nervous?"

"no- why would i be?"

jisung and minho were currently parked outside their old school grounds, having a clear view of the empty and deserted café in front of them through the car windshield.

"i don't know... i just figured..." jisung muttered quietly as he hung his head, "we haven't been together as eight in so long..."

"oh hey look, it's seungmin and hyunjin!" minho nudges jisung, who immediately scrambles out of his seat and out of the car, charging towards the unsuspecting pair at full speed.

"OOF!" seungmin grunts as jisung pounces onto him, "ji! it's good to see you again!"

"jisung! minho!" hyunjin chuckles lightly upon seeing the two, "how's it going guys?"

"still the same as you've seen us two years ago," minho smiles, bringing hyunjin in for a hug, "it's been way too long man."

"HYUNGS!"

just as minho had finished his sentence, jeongin had scurried up, along with chan trailing behind him, warm smiles on each of their faces.

"innie!"

seungmin was the first one to react, wrapping jeongin in his arms tightly, jisung joining in a second later.

"great, now we just have to wait for changbin and felix."

as if on cue, a cab pulls up, and two boys step out of the taxi, one of them holding a small white bundle, while the other headed to the back of the cab, lifting open the trunk to take out a small, pink dainty pram.

"hey guys!" felix beams happily as they walked up to the group, showing off his white pearly teeth, "it's been so long!"

"oh. my. god," jisung freezes up when he sees the small bundle in changbin's arms, "is that..."

"yeah, it is," changbin grins proudly, carefully lifting up the bundle of blankets for the seven to see, "say hello to doyoung!" (a/n: i wrote this chapter at three am pls understand; i thought changlix adopting a baby would be a good idea for some serotonin.)

the baby's face was small and pink, eyes screwed shut, mouth slightly parted open.

the seven boys immediately gathered around to coo and awe over the sleeping baby, jisung even gently poking the baby's cheek.

"well... let's get inside the café, shall we?"

-

"i seriously can't believe they're knocking this place down!" felix pouts, running his hand along the side of the table fondly, "this place is a literal part of me!"

"i know, it sucks," hyunjin agreed glumly, "the inside still looks the same after all these years..."

"why is it so... empty?" seungmin frowns, seeing that the place was now remarkably lonely, the once beautiful and vibrant flowers that had once decorated and the charmed the café had all withered and died. it really was a shame.

"because there's a new café now, and it's closer to the student dorms," chan explained, taking a long drink of his mango smoothie, "but i've always preferred this place more."

"oh yeah, you still teach here!" minho snaps his fingers in remembrance, "sorry, i still forget everyone's occupations now and then. there's a lot to keep track of, like who's married and engaged and whatnot."

"hey, i bet i can remember!" felix pauses for a second, deep in thought as he eyed each boy one by one, "channie still teaches here, that's a given.