[24]

"the coast is clear."

"roger that. let's move."

the three boys inch a little closer to where their target was, stealthily moving like ninjas, ignoring all the weirded looks people around them were giving the trio.

"you guys ready? we will attack from here," jisung whispered to the other two behind him, "stick to the plan okay?"

"yes sir," felix hummed in confirmation, holding his weapon close to him.

"let's run through this one more time," jisung said quietly, looking at the other two seriously, "jeongin will attack from the back, and felix and i will attack from the sides."

"we know ji," jeongin groaned, "can we get to the fun part now?"

"fine," the oldest rolls his eyes before he going back into focus, his eyes locked on the black-haired target a few meters away.

"on my count. three... two.. one!"

-

"i'm such an idiot!" hyunjin moaned, leaning into an annoyed changbin, "tell me, how am i supposed to face him in chemistry later?"

"just apologise hyunjin! it's not a big deal, just arrange another date with him!" minho shook his head at the youngest's antics, "you're a master at this jinnie."

"but seungmin is different! you guys won't understa—"

but before hyunjin could finish his sentence, changbin had shoved a spoonful of yogurt into his mouth, along with the lines of 'then don't complain to us'.

"some friends you guys are," hyunjin complained once again once he had swallowed his yogurt, "i swear i need new fr—".

once again, hyunjin was interrupted, but this time, he was interrupted by three hollering boys whacking him with long breadsticks, as they wildly swung at him, crumbs flying here and there.

"what the hell!" hyunjin yelled as he tried to dodge the attacks, standing up abruptly, almost pushing changbin off his seat in the process.

"listen, we are still friends, but you," jisung growled, stabbing hyunjin in the chest with the breadstick after each word he spoke, "you. do. not. stand. up. my. friend. like. that."

"take this as a warning!" felix added, slapping him in the head for the last time with his abused breadstick, "you still owe seungmin an apology!"

and with that, the three boys left hurriedly back to their table, which was conveniently on the other side of the pavilion, leaving an angry hyunjin behind.

"what the heck!" hyunjin whined, sitting back down, as he tried to brush off all the bread crumbs on his designer clothes, "i should file for abuse."

"wow," minho chuckled, clearly amused, "jisung really wasn't kidding when he said he was going to attack you."

"wait a second, you knew?" hyunjin shot minho a betrayed look.

"i thought he was just kidding!" minho defended himself, "i didn't know he'd actually do it. oh yeah, he told me to tell you to watch out for your toenails too."

"that the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"beats me."

"whatever," hyunjin huffed crossly, "lesson learnt. they're crazy."

-

seungmin tried his very best to ignore the boy next to him, but it was difficult when he pestered him every single second, from shooting him sad puppy eyes to tickling him again to gain his attention.

"please! i told you that i'm sorry!" hyunjin pouted, shaking seungmin lightly, "give me another chance! i'll do anything!"

however seungmin still remained silent, his fragile heart still rejecting hyunjin's pitiful apologies, his ears blocking out his consistent whining.

"you're annoying," seungmin muttered under his breath, and hyunjin had heard it, sitting up with a hurt look.

oh well. ignoring him was a fail.

"ouch."

"it's the truth."

"pleaseeee," hyunjin begged, tugging at seungmin's hoodie sleeve, "i'll take you shopping. we can buy whatever you want. please!"

"...you promise me you won't stand me up again?"

"please, i'll do anyth-" hyunjin stooped short when he heard seungmin answer, as his eyes grew wide and a slow smile spread across his face.

"wait, really? really really? really really really?"

"my god you are a literal child," seungmin jerked his arm back from hyunjin's grasp, disappointing the elder, "yes, really. but only because i want you to shut up."

"thank you thank you thank you!" hyunjin exclaimed happily, clapping his hands loudly like a sea lion, earning the attention from a few classmates much to seungmin's dismay.

"keep your voice down!" he hissed, throwing on his hood to cover his face, but hyunjin took no notice, rambling off about how he wouldn't disappoint him this time.

"you better mean your words, hwang."

"yes, i do!"

"you promise?"

"yeah, i definitely do not want to be attacked by breadsticks again, trust me."

"what? breadsticks?"

hyunjin exhaled slowly, turning his face away dramatically in slow motion.

"it's a long story."

-

"you're crazy ji! i thought you were joking when you said that you were going to attack him with breadsticks," minho laughed as jisung puffed out his chest with pride.

"my dad taught me how to attack my mum with breadsticks when i was little when she wouldn't let me and my dad eat fried food for dinner," he explained, and minho guffawed.

"you're crazy," minho smiled as he intertwined their fingers together, jisung happily squeezing his hand.

just then, the door opened abruptly, jisung jumping up with a start, shooting minho a panicked look, mouthing the words 'what do i do?'

"it's fine," minho gave jisung a sheepish smile, "felix and changbin kind of already know. they interrogated me and all, it was stressful."

"oh," jisung blinked, unsure of how to react to this news, "well then you should know, seungmin knows about us too."

"oh," minho scratched the back of his neck, "i mean... as long as he doesn't tell anybody..."

"yeah. i guess," jisung breathed, fiddling with his fingers awkwardly.

"actually, this whole thing is kind of dumb," minho shook his head, a smile growing on his face, "let's not hide our relationship anymore."

"really? will you be okay with it?" jisung asked, gently squeezing minho's small hands, "i don't mind, if you feel pressured by me."

"no," minho gave a reassuring nod, "i'll be fine."

"wow, someone bring the popcorn, what kdrama am i watching?" changbin teased, leaning on the door frame, arms crossed over his chest.

"whatever," minho rolled his eyes, "what do you want?"

"felix was asking if you guys wanted to go out for dinner together," changbin said, eyes switching from jisung's to minho's.

"we're down."

-

a/n: minsung is now officially out and about :D

also i decided that i will not be taking a break but instead i will be updating whenever i finish writing a chapter so updates might be a bit slow! <3