[47]

all eight boys were huddled up together around the campfire that chan had impressively made.

"you learn a trick or two in boy scouts," he had bragged when he managed to light up the fire after his thirty six attempts.

the boys had just finished eating the dinner that hyunjin and minho had cooked, which consisted of plainly meat, much to seungmin's disappointment.

"hey, let's have dessert. where are the marshmallows?" felix asked, scanning his surroundings for the bag of marshmallows he had brought along.

after a two minute long search, they still hadn't managed to find the bag, and like clockwork, all suspicious eyes were on jisung, who was currently eating a cookie.

"what?" jisung asked innocently, confused voice muffled from his full mouth.

but he soon realised why everyone's eyes were on him.

"oh," he said flatly, swallowing his cookie, "you guys think i stole the marshmallows?"

"wow," he continued, scoffing, "you guys are so quick to accuse me. i'm genuinely offended. i know i love to eat and all, but did you guys seriously have to pinpoint me like that?"

he rambled on, "i'm ashamed. and hurt. my feelings are so hurt. and so is my pride. i'm officially uninviting all of you from my funeral. the disrespect-"

however, he was (thankfully) cut short from jeongin's sudden shout, "they're here!"

relieved smiles spreads across the eight boy's faces when jeongin had pulled out a squished marshmallow packet from under his thigh.

"sorry ji," felix shoots jisung an apologetic and guilty grin before tearing the packet open and offering him one, "...marshmallow?"

-

hyunjin dusted off his hands, staring at the crate of alcohol before him. he then groaned inwardly at the thought of hauling the heavy cooler over, contemplating if he should call one of the boys over to come and help him drag the crate over.

but just then, he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. he turned around, to see jeongin, with curious and sparkling eyes.

"oh, hi innie. here to help me move this?" hyunjin questioned, but to his dismay, jeongin shook his head.

"actually, um... i was wondering if you could um... drink with me... for my first time, i mean."

hyunjin pointed to himself, unsure if he had heard him properly, "me? why me?"

"yeah, you. well i just figured if seungmin trusted you enough to get him fully drunk, then i could trust you too. besides, you're really good at alcohol and things, right?"

"i suppose i am," hyunjin hummed thoughtfully, "but still, why not jisung? you're closer to him, aren't you?"

"yeah but, you know what he's like," jeongin mumbled under his breath, "he'd probably want me to chug a whole pint of beer for my first time. so i decided i should come to you."

"do you trust me enough?"

"well i mean if you think about it, when you go bungee jumping, you entrust your whole life with a total stranger who helps you with your harness. correct?"

"huh, i never thought about it that way. good point," hyunjin said with a slight laugh, handing jeongin a can, "drink up, little one."

lifting the tab up, jeongin was just about to take a drink when suddenly, chan popped out of nowhere and slapped the can out of jeongin's hands.