[16]

"it's so weird," jisung remarked, twirling the rose in his hand, it's petals now shrivelled up and brown, "this past week i've been seeing minho everywhere. first at the café, then at the dorms, which he even gave me this flower."

"i wonder why," felix chuckled awkwardly, eyes deliberately avoiding the other's.

"why don't you just throw the rose away? i mean, it's like, dead already," seungmin muttered, "and why do you take it everywhere?"

"hey! how could you!" jisung gasped dramatically, holding the rose to his heart, "minho gave me this rose. i can never throw it away."

"correction, changbin gave you that rose," seungmin reminded jisung, who pouted evidently, whereas felix coughed loudly.

"the weather is great today!"

"it's like, sixteen degrees right now—"

"people! focus," jeongin huffed slightly, a frown forming on his obvious displeased face, "can we just order already? i'm starving."

-

"guys..." seungmin started quietly, gripping his ice cream cup tightly, the coldness numbing his fingers, "i have something to ask you."

they had just finished eating dinner and now were at the café for some ice cream. it was now almost nine o'clock, so the café was empty except for the four.

"shoot," jeongin answered, licking his dripping strawberry ice cream cone.

"so hyunjin asked me to come to his birthday party," seungmin ignored the strange looks his friends were giving him, "and i really, really, really want you guys to come with me. so will you? please?"

seungmin threw his friends his best puppy eyes, emphasising on the 'really's.

"um..." the other three exchanged brief looks until felix spoke up, "are you sure you want us to come? are you even sure you want to... go?"

"oh..." seungmin felt his heart tighten and forced out a hurt smile, "never mind then. i'll go alone."

"oh no seung! we are coming!" jeongin declared, wrapping an arm around his bestie after shooting the other two a side glare, "right guys?"

"right!" jisung and felix chorused together, resulting in seungmin letting out a huge sigh.

"thanks," seungmin smiled gratefully, "you guys would have no idea how bad it would for me if you guys weren't there."

"aww," jeongin's lips curved into a small crescent, placing his hand on top of seungmin's comfortingly, "don't worry seung. we'll always be here for you. promise."

-

jisung clutched a little white note in his hand tightly, breathing uneven and heart beating like mad.

he glanced at the note to read it again, for the fifth time that minute, softly reading it aloud, "hey, meet me at the huge tree outside the café, i have something to show you. lee minho."

a smile slipped past his lips as he read the last two words, and he tucked the note away quietly into his jacket pocket.

he waited patiently, tapping his foot on the concrete, watching people come in and out of the café, as the sky gradually turned from a pretty blue to a black.

jisung sighed, staring at his feet, wondering if minho was ever going to show up. he looked at his watch, realising that he had already waited for a half an hour.

after what felt like forever, jisung heard footsteps approach him, as his heart beat quickened and he looked up, hoping to see the person he had waiting for.