[33]

"hwang hyunjin."

seungmin's voice echoed throughout the large kitchen.

"i'll end you if you don't come out right this instant."

silence.

then, right out of the blue, hyunjin popped out from behind of seungmin, scaring him out of his wits as he slapped a handful of flour onto the other boy, now covered head-to-toe in the white powder.

as seungmin processes this, he dusts off his face, a scary and eerie smile stretching across his face, a dangerous glint in his eye.

"oh, game on hwang."

seungmin grabbed an egg from the counter, spinning around and smashing it onto hyunjin's forehead with a delighted grin before hyunjin could react, watching with satisfaction as he wipes the egg off his face disgustedly.

"this is so unfair! i attacked you with flour and you retaliate with an egg!" hyunjin whined, wiping his slimy hand onto seungmin's clothes, who shrieked and dodged away.

"that's what you get for hogging all the flour," seungmin sticks his tongue out, blowing a raspberry at hyunjin, who snorted. "so you do act like a child sometimes too."

"whatever. i'm going to shower now," seungmin tries to dust off the flour on his clothes but his efforts were in vain, seeing that his shirt was still white. heaving a large sigh and shooting hyunjin a killer-look, he heads over to the stairs, leaving a trail of white behind him.

hyunjin seemed to have a sudden idea, batting his eyelashes innocently.

"wanna shower together——"

"not a chance," seungmin calls as he runs up the stairs quickly, much to hyunjin's disappointment. but his response was well expected.

however, he couldn't help it as a smile crept up his face as he placed the cookies into the oven, wiping his eggy hands onto his apron with a small sigh.

"cute."

-

"they're so good!" seungmin practically fell out of his seat once biting into the snack, his eyes morphing into hearts at the chocolate chip cookie.

"you really have a thing for exaggerating, huh?" hyunjin said, but with a proud smile plastered over his face as he watched seungmin scarf down the cookie.

"no!" seungmin shook his head passionately, hands reaching out for more, "these are the best cookies i've ever tasted in my life! really jinnie, you should become a chef! i'm not kidding."

hyunjin's smile falters, eyes landing on his lap.

"i want to. i really do——

——but i can't."

"what do you mean you can't?" seungmin sensed the sudden change of mood, and he quickly dropped the cookie onto his plate.

"i have a position i need to take after," hyunjin shoots seungmin a sad smile, "it's fine. i've accepted my fate a long time ago."

"so? who said you need to take that position? if you wanna be a chef, be a chef! it would be such a pity if you let your talent go to waste," seungmin argued, cookie crumbs littering the corners of his mouth.

"it's not that easy," hyunjin frowns, "if it was i would have done so a long time ago."

"what is this position anyway? is it really that important?" seungmin picked his cookie back up, biting into it, relishing the warm and chocolatey taste.

"seungmin," hyunjin laughed dryly, "the position is the ceo of my father's company."

"oh," seungmin's shoulders dropped, and the two sat in silence for a while, seungmin's appetite long gone.

but he speaks up again, quietly, "it's unfair, though, isn't it? having someone else decide your future for you."

"like i said seung, i can't do anything about it. my father would probably disown me if i refused," hyunjin sighs once again, "it's helpless. but, on the bright side, i can earn more money, right?"

"it's still ridiculous to me," seungmin hums, deep in thought, "as a student of law, i'd say it should be against the law to force your child into a job they don't want to be in any part of."

"i'm glad you think that way," hyunjin's serious dementor breaks, a smile replaced on his face as he stands up and takes seungmin's hand, leading them to the sofa.

"what?" seungmin asked as they sat down, eyebrow raised in suspicion.

"what?" hyunjin asked back, looking as angelic as possible.

"why are we sitting on the sofa?" he questioned, "do you have something to tell me?"

"yeah i do," hyunjin cleared his throat and sat up straight, leaning towards seungmin with puckered lips, "kiss me."

"no," seungmin turned his face away, so that hyunjin's lips landed on his cheek instead.

"hey! why not!" hyunjin asked with a frown, crossing his arms, "how dare you reject my beautiful lips! but it's fine, your lips don't deserve mine anyways."

"you sure about that?"

"...no."

"that's what i thought," seungmin laughed, inching towards hyunjin and placing a soft kiss on his lips, arms looped around his neck. 

"there, satisfied?" seungmin asked, pulling away with slight blush.

"you taste like cookies," hyunjin murmured, pulling seungmin back down for another kiss.

-

jeongin, felix and jisung sat on the floor of jisung's dorm room, felix having laid a big piece of paper in front of them, as the three studied it.

"okay, see, our options are hyunjin or channie," jeongin said, pointing at the two red circles on the paper, "and since seungmin is now dating hyunjin, i'd say hyunjin is the better option."

"okay, but how many people are coming?" jisung held up his fingers to count, "you, me, felix, changbin, minho, seungmin and hyunjin. we need two cars, which means..."

"two drivers," felix finished with a frown, "why can't we get a seven or eight seater then?"

"hyunjin doesn't have an eight or seven seater," jeongin realised, jisung nodding solemnly.

"can't we rent a car?" felix sucked on his lip thoughtfully.

"no, it's too expensive," jisung sighs, "this sucks."

"i can... i can ask channie to drive another car," jeongin piped up in a small voice, "he's my friend, and if you think about it, he's just a few years older than us."

"okay, then let's say he agrees," felix said, taking out a marker and drawing two cars onto the paper, "so we have two cars, who's going with who?"

"easy!" jeongin beamed, "i've thought of this already. channie, felix, changbin and i in channie's car, and hyunjin, jisung, minho, seungmin in hyunjin's car!"

"we can put all our camping stuff in the boots, and if we don't have enough space for some things, we can put them in the spare seats in both cars."

"that's not a bad idea," jisung marvelled as he thought about it. going on a camping-road-trip with your professor was definitely weird, but it didn't seem like they had any other choice.

with a bright smile, jisung faced his two friends eagerly.

"let's do it."