[7]

"stop squishing me!"

"move over then jeongin!"

"i can't, theres a wall, can't you see?"

"well then what am i supposed to do?"

"move over to the left?"

"oh."

jisung watched in amusement as the two roommates bickered, poor jeongin squished against the wall of the restaurant.

felix slid over to the left side, and jeongin dramatically collapsed into the newfound space, seungmin chuckling softly across them.

"what do you guys want to eat? do you want me to order?" felix asked, picking up a menu and flipping it open, jeongin peering over his shoulder to see.

"i'm fine with anything," seungmin said softly, playing with the hem of his shirt, "in fact, just order rice and soup for me."

"nonsense," felix snorted, "i won't let you do that."

"you're really passing this opportunity of felix treating us to dinner?" jisung shakes his head with a scornful gaze, "couldn't be me. imma make his pockets hurt."

-

in the end, the bunch had a whole feast, and may or may not have over-ordered a little. the leftovers were packed into convenient plastic boxes, and were stacked neatly on their table.

patting his stomach, satisfied, jisung leaned back into his chair, "let's go somewhere. it's not too late, we could still go to an arcade or something."

"ooooh, that's a good idea!" jeongin agreed, "i'm sure there has to be one around here somewhere."

"i think i'm good, thanks," seungmin shot them an apologetic smile before standing up to leave, "i had a great time, really. thank you felix for the meal, i'll pay you back another time. enjoy yourselves!"

and with that, he turned and walked away, the other three boys exchanging confused looks.

"did we say something to upset him?" felix scratches the back of his neck, "i don't want him to pay me back though."

"i don't know, i just think he's kinda shy," jeongin whispered, and jisung agreed with a hum.

"well... let's go then!" felix jumped up from his seat, flashing the two boys a playful grin, "race you there."

-

seungmin strolled the quiet streets of the city, the night peaceful and the sky clear, the cool wind brushing across his face. shivering, he zipped up the zipper on his jacket, before shoving his hands back into his pockets.

suddenly, he heard footsteps behind him, and he froze, unsure what to do. he turned around hesitantly, only to see his chemistry professor, a smile on his face.

"seungmin! how are you?" he asked, jogging up next to the confused boy.

"i'm good, thank you," seungmin replied politely, "what are you doing here, professor?"

"ah, i was here with professor chan when i saw you, and i decided to chase after you, because i need to ask you something," his smile falls a little from his face, now replaced with a serious look.

and seungmin wasn't going to lie; he felt a little creeped out, conveniently 'running into' his professor at ten pm at night. alone. with a request.

"i would like you to tutor hwang hyunjin."

"h-huh?" seungmin's eyes widens rapidly, "me?"

"i have already talked to him about it, and he agreed. and don't worry, i will definitely give you extra credits for it. i won't force you to tutor him, but it would really be helpful and much appreciated. think about it, will you?"

professor kim gave seungmin a hopeful look, to which seungmin replied in a stutter, "i-i don't know, i mean i barely know him..."

"just think about it seungmin. there's no pressure, and you can decide anytime. i'll leave now then, have a good weekend, i'll see you on monday," he gave a confused seungmin a thumbs-up, and left as quickly as he had came.

"...tutor?"

-

the arcade was buzzing with people, all of different age groups. the flashing neon lights and gaming sounds fills the arcade, so does the sound of laughter and delighted screams.

a typical arcade.

jeongin holds the coin basket close to his chest as the group of three squeezes through the heaps of people, trying to make their way to the back.

"so what are we doing first?" felix rubs his hands excitedly, eyes scanning the area with great interest.

"over there, that game seems relatively easy," jeongin points over at a small game booth, empty but inviting.

"let's go, then," felix drags the other two over, wasting no time in inserting the coins.

different coloured bean bags are then presented, and the three boys don't hesitate to pick them up and throw at their targets inches away from them.

"jisung! your aim is horrible!"

"oh shut up!"

the three boys were full of giggles as they stumbled around the arcade, trying out all sorts of games. and soon, before they knew it, they were out of coins.

"huh?" felix shakes the basket, the remaining three coins clanking against each other, "looks like we're out. we haven't tried the basketball one though."

jisung grabs the coin basket from felix, flashing him a quick smile, "i'll go refill the coins. be back in a sec."

"thanks!" felix chirps, and jisung leaves the two for the coin machine.

pulling out his wallet, he inserts a 10000 won note into the machine, patiently waiting as the machine registers the money.

just then, someone catches his attention from the corner of his eye.

he looked familiar. brown hair, a light tan and sharp nose. he wore a casual black shirt and ripped jeans, hands in his pockets.

and that's when jisung notices the girl beside him, clinging onto his arm. in her other hand, she held a plush toy.

probably a prize won for her.

ah. that's lee minho.

minho had seemed to notice someone's eyes on him, because he had turned around to fully face jisung, and their eyes met for a fleeting moment.

his eyes are a really nice shade of brown.

is the first thing jisung thinks to himself, but before he could continue with that thought, he feels a slap on the back, losing his train of thought quickly.

as quickly as he feels minho's eyes leave his.

"hey, what's taking you so long?" jeongin questions, seeing jisung's somewhat pale face, "are you okay? what happened?"

"it's nothing," jisung forces a grin, grabbing the coin basket, turning back to face jeongin, "okay, it's time to beat felix's ass!"

-

a/n: i've fallen down the ateez hole and now i can't get up someone tell jongho to stop hogging all the space in my heart smh