[32]

jisung sat in front on hyunjin's sofa, legs crossed and bundled up in a white fluffy blanket that hyunjin had ever so graciously provided.

the whole group was there, hyunjin, seungmin, minho, felix and jeongin, watching as jisung drank his hot chocolate shakily.

"i'm sorry," jisung whispered, eyes on the ground, ignoring everyone's penetrating stares, "i caused a huge scene, didn't i?"

"it's not your fault!" minho and felix immediately exclaimed in unison.

"it's that witch's fault, she pushed you in, didn't she?" jeongin growled, "we need to teach her a lesson- oh! pink frosted cookies!" jeongin grabbed the small bag of cookies from felix, who winced once jeongin popped one into his mouth.

"i thought she was being nice," jisung took a small sip of his warm beverage before continuing, "we were having a normal conversation, then all of a sudden she pushed me in."

jisung's voice broke at the end of his sentence, hands trembling as he reached out to hold minho's hand, to which minho quickly compiled, squeezing it comfortingly.

"i'm sorry, i didn't know she would do something like that," minho mumbled, feeling like it was somewhat his fault.

"m' tired," jisung said suddenly, eyes droopy as he set down the now empty cup onto the table.

"you guys are welcomed to sleep at my place tonight if you want," hyunjin said, standing up as he straightened his back, "choose one of the four guest bedrooms i have."

"okay, let's get you to bed," minho said as he scooped jisung up bridal-style, while at the same time changbin and jeongin were arguing over who should sleep with felix.

"i'm his roommate!"

"i'm his boyfriend!"

"come on seungmin, let's go to bed."

those were the last few things minho heard as he climbed up the stairs with ease, because luckily for him, jisung was as light as a feather.

choosing the guest room closest to them on the second floor, minho opened and closed the door behind him single handedly, gently dumping a half- asleep jisung onto the bed.

making sure jisung was facing the other way with his eyes closed, minho stripped off his jeans as they would be too uncomfortable to sleep in. he took an extra pair of sweatpants he knew hyunjin kept in the small dresser in the room, and slipped them on before joining jisung in the bed.

jisung snuggled closer to minho's body, stealing all of his body heat, "goodnight min."

"goodnight ji."

-

seungmin awoke first the next morning, and for a split second, he panicked, sitting up abruptly, finding himself waking up in someone else's bedroom. but when he felt hyunjin shift slightly next to him, he remembered why he was there.

"you're up?" hyunjin mumbles, in a deep morning voice, muffled by all the sheets covering his mouth, "g' morning baby."

"good morning," seungmin whispered back, slinking back into the bed, as he felt hyunjin snake his arms around his waist and pulled him closer to him, so that there was no more space in between them.

"you're pretty," hyunjin said suddenly, dipping his head so that his mouth was right next to seungmin's ear.

"wait- that kind of tickles," seungmin giggles, shifting his head slightly so that he was eye-to-eye with hyunjin, "okay, better."

"cute," hyunjin said subconsciously, gently dragging his fingertips along seungmin's soft skin down the tailbone, sending shivers down the other boy's spine.

"let's go back to sleep, it's still dark out," seungmin said, eyes shutting as his body leaned into hyunjin's touch, letting him trace shapes on his waist.

"mm alright."

however, after a few seconds of silence, seungmin suddenly shot straight up, giggling and laughing loudly, squirming as hyunjin relentlessly tickled him without any mercy.

"s-stop it!" seungmin shrieked quietly, afraid to wake up the others, as he tried to catch hyunjin's hands.

finally hyunjin stopped, seeing that seungmin was out of breath and pink in the face, smiling with triumph, "okay, let's go to sleep now."

seungmin scowled, "brat."

"you love me though."

"unfortunately i do."

-

"isn't that like... attempted murder?"

it was noon, and the five boys were in the dining room, finishing up their lunch that hyunjin had cooked for them, which consisted of salad, mushroom soup and some leftover grilled chicken.

the soft whirl of the air con filled the silence in between the boys, other than the occasional clatter of utensils and glasses.

"not really, the pool is only about a meter deep," minho pointed out, cutting into a piece of chicken, "it was probably just a cruel prank."

"you sound like you're siding with jiwon," felix said accusingly while jisung remained silent, bitting his lip.

"guys, let's not talk about this now," seungmin said hastily, "jisung would just have to keep his distance from her, and he should be fine."

"i guess you're right," jisung sighed, finally speaking up, setting his spoon back onto the table, "i'm not hungry, but thanks for the meal anyways hyung."

"no problem," hyunjin waved if off, seeing how shaky jisung was, his eyes staring straight at the ground.

"i think we should get going," changbin piped up, placing his napkin back into the table after wiping his mouth.

"yeah, let's go," jisung stood up, followed by the others, "also, thank you hyunjinnie."

"no problem," hyunjin said with a half smile, watching as his friends walk out the door after saying their goodbyes.

seungmin stood up too, but hyunjin caught his wrist, his eyes growing wide, "you're leaving too?"

"no, i'm just putting back the dishes," seungmin said with a teasing smile, playfully hitting hyunjin's shoulder, "you wanted me to stay?"

"of course."

seungmin was momentarily surprised at his bluntness, and hyunjin took the opportunity to yank seungmin's wrist so that he lost his balance, falling onto his lap.

"hey!" he complained, shifting into a more comfortable position on his lap, "i could have fallen onto the floor you know?"

"don't exaggerate," hyunjin sing-songed, leaning into seungmin's ear, "wanna bake some cookies?"

-

a/n: a lousy filler i'm sorry my writers block is coming back so i might not be able to update daily like before, and i'm thinking of ending this book soon actually :((

but on a lighter note, lee dong wook can slap me across the face and i'd be thankful 💋