[46]

"hey, i think we're here," chan voiced, squinting his eyes to peer at the sign a few feet away from the two cars.

"great!" jeongin bubbled excitedly, "is there a parking lot?"

"i don't think so. we might just have to park here."

true enough, once seeing that hyunjin had parked his car, chan followed suit, pulling up next to them before parking himself.

"let's go!" felix shouted, scrambling to get out of the car.

"hey!" minho waved at the other group, beckoning them over, "chan, can you help carry some of the groceries?"

"sure," chan walked over and grabbed a few plastic bags, grunting a little when he realised how heavy they were, "the camping site isn't very far, is it?"

"nah, just a three minute walk from here," jisung responded, clambering out of the car.

a few minutes later, the boys had grabbed everything they needed, whilst jisung took out a map, studying it with a slight frown.

"okay, we go straight, until we reach the bridge. from there we turn left and we should arrive at the lodge."

"a lodge?" seungmin looked up in surprise, and jisung scratched his nape with a meek smile.

"well i just figured that we probably can't sleep at night in a tent in winter, so felix and i rented a lodge."

"can't believe i'm saying this, but that's kinda smart," hyunjin remarked, earning a glare from jisung.

"whatever. the owner of the lodge is waiting for us, so we better move."

"what are we waiting for then?" changbin mused, as he struggled to hold the four sleeping bags under his arms.

"okay wait, i've always wanted to say this," jisung cleared his throat, adjusting the sunglasses perched on his nose that he had just pulled out of nowhere.

"vamonos, let's go!"

-

"are we lost?"

"no we're not."

"because i could have sworn i've seen this tree before."

"shut up, all the trees look the same."

"i see it!"

jeongin's high pitched squeal makes everyone look up, relieved smiles spreading across their faces.

in the distance was a small, pretty cabin surrounded by tall, shady trees. but what the best part was the large lake next to the lodge, it's clear water reflecting the beautiful sunset. 

"come on! i see him!" jisung urged everyone to walk a faster once he had spotted a lone figure outside the lodge, and the group waddled a little quicker over the leaves and dirt.

"hey!" the young boy greeted the group as they finally arrived at the cabin, "welcome to the yellow woods lodge. han jisung?"

"that's me."

he had dark raven hair, like hyunjin, and long, dangly earrings. he was much taller than the bunch, despite looking around the same age as chan. what stood out the most, however, was the tattoos on his right hand as he reached out to shake jisung's hand.

"hey, that's the name of the street i live in," hyunjin stated, to which the boy smiled, showing his bunny teeth.

"that's interesting. but before i leave you guys to it, here's a few things you should know," the boy turns over to the cabin, "there's running water, and it's clean, so you don't need to worry about drinking water and such.