[40]

"so apparently, we have a cat now."

"a cat?" jeongin and felix gasped in unison, before they both started jumping up and down in glee.

changbin, felix and jeongin were on their way back from the café, drinks in their hands as they made their way back to the dorms.

it was originally just supposed to be changbin and felix, but after jeongin had spotted them in the café together, he insisted in tagging along, and who could say no to that face?

so there they were, the three heading back to the dorms as they chatted about anything and everything, and changbin had just so happened to bring up the topic of the stray feline his roommate had brought back the day before.

"can we go see him?" jeongin pleaded with his puppy eyes, sticking his bottom lip out to attempt to look cute.

which of course worked.

"yeah yeah, go ahead. it's a her by the way," changbin sighed, "minho hyung owes me one."

"minho hyung got a cat?" a goofy smile spreads over felix's face, "i knew it. he looks like a cat person."

"you're weird."

"i know."

-

after a quick five minute walk, the three had arrived at changbin and minho's dorms, the eldest graciously opening the door for the younger two.

"welcome to my humble abode."

"this is like my twentieth time here," felix snorted, and changbin rolled his eyes. "jeongin hasn't been here before."

once stepping into the room, jeongin and felix immediately started searching for the cat, crawling around and checking under beds and cabinets.

"i found her!" felix shouted softly, pointing at a small bundle of fur hiding behind the small desk, curled up, sleeping peacefully.

"she's so cute," jeongin whispered, huddled up next to felix as they watched the sleeping cat.

"mm, do whatever you want to do," changbin flops onto his bed, pulling out his laptop, "i'm going to do some of my homework now. watch a movie if you want to. you can use hyung's laptop."

"hyung's?"

"yeah."

"are we allowed?"

"probably not, but i mean he owes me a lot so i'm going to use it against him for as much as i can."

an amused grin stretches over felix's face as he grabs for minho's computer, settling down next to jeongin.

"evil. i like it."

-

hyunjin stands in front of his car, fingers wrapped around the car key, but he just couldn't seem to open his car door.

"are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" seungmin asks by the side worriedly, and hyunjin's right eye twitches.

"you know what? maybe. i might."

"oh," seungmin's eyebrows raises in surprise, "i was expecting you to say no."

"well i mean," hyunjin shifts his gaze over to seungmin, dark black orbs locked with seungmin's brown ones, "it's not the dinner party anyways. and besides, you can just wait in the car... right? i mean, if you don't mind."

"and besides, the concert is right after, so it makes more sense if you wait in the car than for me to come back home to pick you up."

with a soft sigh, seungmin pulls hyunjin in for a hug, and the older gladly receives it, wrapping his arms around seungmin's waist, running his hands up the younger's sides.

"don't stress, jinnie. you can do this, i believe you can."

-

"i can do this."

hyunjin and seungmin was currently parked in front of the hwangs residences, after miraculously surviving hyunjin's wild driving due to his shaky hands that kept slipping off the steering wheel.

but thankfully, they had made it in one piece. but hyunjin was starting to think that getting into a car accident was probably better than facing his father.

"you got this. you can do this!" seungmin cheered on, rubbing hyunjin's hands comfortingly, "and when you're done, we can celebrate during the concert!"

seungmin shoots him an encouraging smile before giving hyunjin a 'thwack' on the back, "go get'em tiger!"

"i prefer lions."

"get out of the car."

"yes sir."

hyunjin scrambled to get his seatbelt off, trying to ignore the death stare seungmin was giving him at the moment, making a mental note to himself that seungmin was scary when he was angry.

hyunjin was about to shut the door when he remembered something.

"hey, if... if i don't make it out alive... tell changbin i hid his secret stash of chocolate bars under my bed."

"you'll make it out alive, trust me," seungmin says soothingly, and he cracks a smile, "good luck!"

-

straightening his tie, hyunjin knocks on the door, waiting nervously for someone to let him in.

straight face. straight face. straigh-

the door opened automatically, and hyunjin's nerves crashed down onto him, reality hitting him like a hundred pound hammer.

urging his legs to walk, he entered the huge mansion, clean polished floor squeaking under his shoes.

once down the hallway, he halted before entering the living room, taking these last few precious moments before his execution.

"hyunjin!"

the said boy freezes up, nervous eyes darting around to see who had called him.

"the dinner party is next week, why are you here so early?"

his eyes finally landed on his mother, who was shooting him a questionable look.

ms hwang wasn't a fool; she knew that her son hated coming home, so hyunjin driving over and visiting willingly was a little suspicious.

"i came to see dad," hyunjin could barely get the words out, cringing when he said them out loud, realising how those words sounded.

"you came to see dad?" ms hwang raised an eyebrow, obviously not believing it in the slightest, but she went along with it anyways, "he's in his study."

"thanks," hyunjin says bluntly, heading off in the direction, determined to get this done and over with.

once reaching the study, hyunjin hesitated first a second, fist hovering near the door, giving himself one last mental prep.

finally knocking, he enters the room, a blast of cold air hitting him. putting on a calm and collected facade, he faced his father.

"dad. i have to tell you something."

-

seungmin waits patiently in the car, staring lifelessly out of the window, watching as people walk past, or watching the sky gradually turn darker and darker.

after half an hour, he decides to put on some music, rummaging through hyunjin's collection of cds stashed away in a small compartment.

a wide smile spreads across his face seeing a day6 cd, and it grows even bigger when he sees that it's from his favourite album.

placing it inside the cd player, his favourite music now fills up the silent car, and seungmin leans back into his seat with content, closing his eyes.

and he doesn't open them.