[31]

"you look good enough! stop staring at yourself in the mirror and let's go han jisung!"

felix was complaining next to jisung, who had been staring at his reflection for the past thirty minutes.

"you think i look presentable enough?" jisung turned to felix with worried eyes.

"yes," felix rolled his own, "you look damn amazing, now let's go, minho and changbin is waiting downstairs in the cab."

"okay," jisung mumbled, grabbing his phone, slipping his feet into his favourite brown boots, following felix out of the door.

"i don't know why you're so dressed up for this party."

"because!"

"because?"

"because-" jisung paused before heaving a huge sigh, "i don't know."

felix tsked, dragging jisung towards the cab once they had stepped out of the elevator, running towards it where minho and changbin sat, waving.

opening the door, felix clambered in after shoving jisung in beside minho, pulling the door shut.

"why are you so dressed up?" minho asked, scanning jisung's outfit, which was a black slim fit shirt along with leather pants and brown boots.

"i'm not dressed up," jisung lied, looking out of the window, whilst felix scoffed beside him, jisung giving him a warning glare.

"where are we headed?" jisung changed the subject, turning to minho.

"her parent's place. it's big."

"she's having a party at her parent's house?"

"yeah, but her parents aren't home most of the time, so they're probably not there if that's what you're thinking."

"oh. okay."

after a ten minute car ride with minimal chatter and separate conversations, the cab pulled up to a pretty black and white modern mansion, the four boys getting out of the car.

"it is big," changbin remarked, walking up the driveway filled with all kinds of cars to get to the front door, which was wide open.

"not as big as hyunjin's though," felix noted as they all stepped into the house, filled with people dancing to the music playing in the background.

"of course," minho shook his head, "his father is a ceo. jiwon's father is just... a rich businessman."

"mm," felix then let out a long sigh, "how many parties have we been to already? and it's only april."

"welcome to college life," changbin smirked, but suddenly his eyes widened, pointing to a pair standing a few feet away from them, "is that seungmin and hyunjin?"

"are they here together or something?" jisung squinted, seeing hyunjin leaning in to whisper something into seungmin's ear, who giggled and looked away shyly, "because the last time i saw seungmin he was heartbroken by that jerk."

"let's go ask them then."

felix marched off, and the other three trailed behind him.

"oh hey guys," hyunjin grinned upon seeing his friends, whereas seungmin gave a meek smile and a wave.

"seungmin, a word please," jisung said formally, clearing his throat, pulling felix and seungmin to a side as minho and changbin struck up a conversation with hyunjin.

"so what's up with you and hyunjin huh?" jisung asked with a raised eyebrow.

"nothing!" he replied, eyes avoiding jisung's.

"expect for the fact that we're together now," seungmin added quickly, shooting them an apologetic smile, "kay, gotta go~"

and with that, he sped off into a huge wave of people, disappearing into the messy crowd.

jisung and felix exchanged looks of disbelief.

"is that even the kim seungmin we know?"

-

minho and jisung were in the backyard, similar to hyunjin's. it had a small pavilion, and a large swimming pool. a barbecue pit was found next to the pavilion, where many people were crowding at for food.

"here," minho passed jisung a cup full of some light pink liquid. when seeing jisung's puzzled face, minho explained it was pink lemonade.

"it's good. try it."

so jisung did, downing the liquid. when he set down his cup, he was met with minho's expectant gaze.

"well?"

"it's good," jisung plays with the plastic cup in his hand, "why do you care so much about how i think of this lemonade?"

"i gave her this recipe," minho answered with a bitter smile. "oh. talk about awkward," jisung manages a laugh, eyes fixed on the empty cup in his hand.

a few moments of silence passed until minho spoke up.

"jisung, i need to tell you something first."

"what is it?" jisung snapped his eyes up to meet with minho's stone ones, scaring him a little. minho had never been this serious before.

"okay, don't freak out once i tell you this," minho said slowly, as jisung frowned suspiciously.

"what? just tell me."

"okay," minho took in a deep breath, leaning into jisung, "jiwon kissed me the other night."

minho sat back tensely, watching jisung's reaction.

jisung blinked, chewing the insides of his cheek, "say what now?"

"yeah," minho scratched the back of his neck, "but don't worry, it wasn't intentional. i'm not trying to justify her actions, but she was pretty drunk."

"well, i was gonna get mad, but—" jisung scrunches his nose, pressing a finger to his lips, "—i drunk-kissed you first when you were taken, so i guess this is just... fair? in a weird twisted way."

"emphasis on the weird," minho stares at jisung incredulously, but all the more relieved at his reaction. pulling him into his arms, he kisses jisung's lemonade stained lips.

-

"what the heck!" felix complained, trailing behind seungmin, who was trailing behind hyunjin, "you could have at least told us you guys were dating."

"lix," seungmin groaned, "not here, lecture me later."

"fine," felix grumbled, shoving a bunch of pink frosted cookies into his mouth, eyes lighting up, "these are so good! i'm taking some back for innie."

"are you sure they're for jeongin and not you?" changbin teased, earning a strong punch from felix, "ow! how are you so strong?"

suddenly, a loud shriek was heard from the backyard, and as if someone had pressed a paused button, everyone in the living room froze for a second, exchanging questioning glances.

the four rushed to the backyard, crowding around to see what had happened. changbin tried to tiptoe to see what was going on from the back while seungmin, hyunjin and felix made their way to the front of the crowd.

"jisung!" felix gasped, seeing minho help a dripping wet boy out of the pool, minho shooting daggers at a certain someone.

felix pushed to the front, rushing over to help minho pull jisung out of the pool, hugging the drenched choking boy, while minho strode over to jiwon, shouting at her, but felix didn't bother to pay any attention, as all of it was focused on his best friend.

"what on earth happened?" seungmin, hyunjin and changbin ran towards the two, gathering around, "ji, are you okay?"

jisung stared at his friends, shocked and scared, hands shaking as he gripped felix's shirt, eyes brimming with tears.

"how did she know that i can't swim?"

-

a/n: DAY6 MY ULT KINGS CAME BACK WITH THE MOST INHUMANLY BEST SONG EVER (i mean as expected as the kings am i right) the beat sLAPS my best boys 🤧🤧