[25]

seungmin enjoyed the peace and silence of the school library. hanging around hyunjin, jisung, felix and jeongin sure drained the energy out of him, but he always found time to recharge himself in the library.

he pushed up his glasses further up his nose, flipping through the pages of his history textbook. he had a quiz coming up, and he was determined to ace it.

he was kim seungmin, after all.

suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he spotted his literacy classmate he sat next to in class walking towards him, frantically waving at him to get his attention.

"hi jongho," seungmin put his book aside and smiled at the boy opposite him, "can i help you?"

"hi," jongho gave a small wavering smile, "i'm here to tell you something."

"oh?" seungmin looked up to him curiously, "what is it?"

"listen," jongho crouched down next to him, so that his mouth was next to seungmin's ear, as he whispered into it, "hyunjin is planning to dump you right after he gets to kiss you. trust me, i heard him say it himself."

seungmin's eyes widened at this as he stared at the other, who straightened himself up and shot seungmin another somewhat sad smile.

"are...are you sure?" seungmin asked uncertainly, fiddling with his fingers.

"yeah, i'm just looking out for you. thought you'd like to know," jongho shrugged, patting seungmin on the back as he gave him a half hearted smile, "i'll see you in class then."

jongho walked away, leaving seungmin alone with his mixed feelings.

sure, he knew hyunjin was a playboy. jisung, felix and jeongin had told him countlessly, but seungmin always brushed it off, saying that nothing would happen between them.

but it's different now, hyunjin had charmed his way into getting a date with seungmin. which makes him a potential victim to hyunjin's doings, but something makes seungmin doubt it.

all the times hyunjin had begged him for a date, and all the cheesy pick up lines he used on him, to the small gestures and physical touches during their tuition sessions. did he do this to everyone else too?

in the end, it seemed like seungmin was infatuated with hyunjin, but the question was... does hyunjin feel the same?

-

jisung tried to ignore the stares everyone was shooting him, but it was easier said than done.

as he walked down the hallway holding minho's hand, he could feel everyone's eyes on him, burning through the back of his skull.

"hey, are you alright?" minho pulled jisung a little closer to him, releasing his hand to wrap an arm around him instead.

"yeah," jisung took in a short breath, "just... everyone is staring..."

"ignore it," minho squeezed jisung's shoulder comfortingly, "i'm here, don't worry."

"what's your first period?" jisung asked, changing the subject in hopes to ignore all the attention better.

"arts and humanities," minho stretched, removing his arm as jisung frowned at the loss of warmth, "you?"

"social sciences," jisung answered, fixing his bag strap, "which means we have to go in different directions now."

"aw," minho pouted cutely, earning a giggle from the smaller, "come over to my dorm after?"

"sure," jisung smiled, wrapping his arms around minho's neck, giving him a tight hug, "see you after school hyung."

"wait," minho caught his wrist just as he was turning away, pulling jisung towards him as he planted a quick kiss on his lips before releasing him again, now with a satisfied smile, "okay, you can go now."

a light blush dusted over jisung's cheeks as he watched minho walk away, a dazed smile tugging on his lips, weirded stares from others long forgotten.

-

"you know," jeongin started, as he played with his almost-empty strawberry milk carton, "we should all go out together for an outing or something sometime."

"an outing?" felix raised his eyebrow, looking up from his phone to look at jeongin, "with who?"

"just us," jeongin shrugged, tilting his head back to drain the last few drops of milk left in the carton, "you, me, seungmin and jisung. and maybe their boyfriends too."

"that would be nice," felix acknowledged as he sat up from his bed, chin resting on his palm, "what kind of outing are you thinking about?"

"i'm thinking maldives!" jeongin's eyes sparkled with excitement, "but we obviously can't do that. so maybe a ski trip? or maybe a road trip!"

"a road trip sounds fun!" felix said, joining in jeongin's excitement as he clapped his hands, "we should tell the others!"

"it would be fun, wouldn't it?" jeongin sighed happily as he thought of going out on a trip with just his best friends, his imagination running wild, "but it would be chaotic, wouldn't it?"

"hey," felix snorted, "the more chaotic, the better."

-

hyunjin stared down at his phone, as he watched it vibrate in his hand, with the contact name 'dad' lit up on the screen.

shaking his head, hyunjin quickly shoved his phone back into his pocket. he couldn't deal with this right now.

before he knew it, a tear trickled down his cheek as he tried his best to ignore the consistent ringing of his phone, somewhat mocking him.

he turned to face his kitchen, his fingertips dancing over the smooth, long counter, temporarily taking his mind off his father as he felt his fingers turn numb from the cool kitchen counter.

a broken whisper came out, as well as the tears he had been trying to hold back. guilt overwhelmed him as he crouched down, shakily wiping his tears away.

his dad would never understand.

"i'm not ready yet."

-

a/n: it is scientifically proven that ppl who stan astro are hot bitches