[10]

"hey min!"

seungmin sighed, mentally bracing himself for what was to come. looks like his day was about to get a whole lot worse. really, he didn't even manage to get a coffee this morning, how was he supposed to deal with this moron?

what did he ever do to deserve to earn this torture?

hyunjin strolled up to seungmin and took his usual seat next to him, with that usual obnoxious smile plastered on his irritatingly handsome face, "how are you?"

"i told you to stop calling me that," the other boy responded bitterly, turning his back to hyunjin.

"why not?" hyunjin asked, wriggling his eyebrows, "you suit the nickname."

"just stop," seungmin sighed, exasperated with hyunjin's behaviour.

"would you like a new one?" hyunjin smiles angelically, voice dripping with toxic sweetness, "honey, babe, baby, cutie-pie—"

"the moment you call me one of those revolting nicknames i will not hesitate to transfer out of this class."

"wow, harsh," hyunjin places a hand over his chest with a pained expression, "you should be honoured. most girls would kill to be in your spot right now."

"your self-flattery is really getting on my nerves," seungmin turns his nose up in disinterest, "and well, too bad. i'm not like most girls... or boys."

he should had gotten used to it by now, with all the pet names and causal talk from hyunjin in the past few weeks, but every time he even just looked at hyunjin, he could feel his heart speed up and his face turn red.

he hated it.

"also, have you thought about the tuition offer yet?" hyunjin asked, poking seungmin's arm gently with the tip of his pen.

"hey!" seungmin scooted away from the pen, glaring at hyunjin, "don't do that."

but then seungmin's face softened a little, and he bit his bottom lip nervously, "but i've thought about it. and... i'll do it."

"really?" hyunjin's eyes widened in surprise. he was sure that his seat mate would say no, but he definitely wasn't complaining.

"yeah. but i'm only doing it for the extra credits and because i need extra money for law school though," seungmin mumbled, fiddling with his fingers.

"well you're lucky then," hyunjin purred, leaning forward towards the other boy, "because i may so happen to be one of the richest people here."

"boastful much?" seungmin scoffed, turning away from hyunjin to face the board, even though his professor wasn't even there yet.

"only for you, baby," hyunjin winked.

this time, seungmin was too flustered to chastise hyunjin, so he shut his mouth and prayed that his red cheeks would disappear.

god he wanted to die.

hyunjin smirked, content that seungmin hadn't scold him for calling him another pet name. he leaned back into his seat, content and satisfaction written all over his face.

it took all of seungmin's willpower not to punch him in the face right there and then.

-

"no felix you don't understand!" jisung buried his flushed face into his pillow, "i kissed lee minho."

"but you were drunk right? so he might have been too. don't worry, he probably won't remember you after that," felix said, patting his devastated friend on his back.

"he has a girlfriend!" jisung moaned, ignoring felix, "and i kissed him! do you know how horrible that makes me feel? she even saw me, felix. she saw me kiss minho!"

"calm down bud," felix shook his head, "why don't we go get a coffee? coffee always soothes you down."

"i guess it would help," jisung mumbles, lifting his tired face from his pillow as felix clapped his hands happily.

"let's go then."

-

"—and what if he does remember me?" jisung rambled on as the two friends walked to the café, "then what should i do? do you think he'll be mad at me?"

"jisung! stop stressing!" felix sighed, "as a popular and good looking guy he is, how many people do you think he's kissed while drunk, huh?"

"touché," jisung frowned, "i still can't believe he kissed back though, even when he has a girlfriend. that means he was definitely drunk. oh my god..."

jisung stops in his tracks, hand flying up to cover his mouth, "what if he's not bi? what if he's straight? oh my god lix i kissed a straight guy—"

"calm down dude. look, we're here," the aussie pointed at the café door a few steps away from where they were standing.

"okay let's g—" jisung suddenly froze for the second time that minute, staring into the café through the clear glass walls, "oh shiitake mushrooms."

"what what what?" felix looked in the direction jisung's eyes were fixated at, and his own eyes widened, "oh hey, it's your future husband!"

"future husband- what the hell lix?" jisung scolded, pulling at felix's hand, "okay, minho's here, which means, we are outta here."

"noooo! i want my iced chocolate!" felix pouted, but he let jisung drag him away anyways, before giving him a 'gentle' reminder, "you know, you can't run away from him forever."

"yes i can!" a flash of determination crossed jisung's eyes, "i can change my identity and get plastic surgery! he'll never recognise me then! tell me, should i change my name to peter?"

felix shook his head disappointedly at his best friend, who was currently rambling off all the possible names he could change his name to, "mental. you've gone mental."

-

jeongin walked around the empty school campus, spotting a few students here and there, all either studying or on their devices.

the young boy had decided to explore the school by himself on his free day, as he had nothing better to do.

after walking around most of the school, he had arrived at the doors of the school library. he pushed the doors open, and the cooling library air conditioning greeted him, giving him a moment of refreshment.

he stepped into the library, and for a second, it seemed to be empty. but out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a boy tucked in the corner of the library, reading away as he sat on a beanbag.

"seungmin!" jeongin called the boy's name, remembering the shy boy he had dinner with a few nights ago.

"oh hey... jeongin?" seungmin flashed him a smile, uncertainty laced in his voice.

"yup, that's my name," jeongin popped the 'p' at the end, taking a seat on a beanbag next to seungmin's, "so, watcha doing?"

"i'm just reading a law book," seungmin said, holding up his book for the younger to see, "not that interesting, but really knowledgeable."

"i see," jeongin nodded, "so, you wanna become a lawyer when you grow up?"

"yeah. it's kind of always been my dream job," seungmin answered with a shy smile, "so i'm always studying and i may come off as a geek. which means that i don't really have any friends."

"that's horrible," jeongin gasped a little over-dramatically, "don't worry, from now on, you're my best friend, and we're going to hang all the time!"

"h-hang?" seungmin mumbled, hand instinctively reaching to his neck and rubbing it nervously.

"wha- no! not that way!" jeongin giggled, slapping seungmin on the back, getting a choke out of the taller, "hang as in hang out. we're best buds now! so we gotta hang out all the time."

"r-right," seungmin shot jeongin an uncertain smile, hand still resting on his neck, "best buds."

-

a/n: just some jeongmin for the heart <3 also this was a pain to write i really hate sappy pet names 🦶🦶