[27]

"hi ji, where's seungmin?" jeongin asked as jisung stepped off the lift to meet the other two on the ground floor.

"he's not feeling too well," jisung said hurriedly, pulling the two to the side, lowering his voice to a whisper, "ask him later. let's go get our coffee first."

"is he okay?" felix asked worriedly as they set off together for the coffee shop, "wasn't he sick not too long ago? he's sick again?"

"well..." jisung hesitated, "he's not sick. not that kind of not feeling too well. i mean his feelings are crushed."

"what? who hurt my baby?" jeongin asked angrily, puffing out his chest. felix scrunching his nose up in confusion, "aren't you the baby?"

"you guys can ask him later," jisung shook his head, "let's just focus on getting our coffee first."

-

"the sheer amount of times you have managed to screw up these few months amazes me." (a/n: me @ myself)

"tell me about it."

hyunjin let out a humorless laugh, rolling off the bed and onto the floor with a soft 'thump', minho and changbin watching him mourn by the side.

"actually don't. don't remind me of my misery," hyunjin spoke, face down on his cold marble bedroom floor, arms and legs spread out like a starfish.

"but you've changed, haven't you?" minho questions, kicking hyunjin gently with his foot, causing hyunjin to roll over, back on the floor and eyes rolled up to the ceiling.

"yeah, but do you really think he'll believe it?"

minho and changbin exchanged pitiful glances as hyunjin sighed disappointedly.

"that's what i thought."

-

jeongin stirred his drink, the ice cubes in the milkshake clinking against each other as he waited by the door for his two friends to finish using the restroom.

looking up from his drink, his eyes lit up as he saw someone familiar approach him, a slow grin growing across his face, "chan hyung!"

"hi jeongin! i haven't seen you in some time," chan greeted him, as jeongin reached out to gently poke at chan's dimples.

"yeah, i'm sorry channie hyung," jeongin pouted, "seungmin has been forcing me to stay with him after school to study for midterms so i can't walk home with you now."

"i don't mind innie," chan smiled at the younger, "study hard okay?"

"yes dad," jeongin grinned, and chan smacked his shoulder lightly with a small 'tsk'.

"oh, hello," felix and jisung popped out from behind of jeongin, giving chan a shallow respectful bow.

"ah, hi," chan returned the greeting, "hey jisung, you're in my class aren't you?"

"yeah!" jisung nodded, "you know jeongin?"

"yeah, we are close! right hyung?" jeongin nudged the professor with his shoulder, a cute smile on his face.

"don't get too comfortable," chan scolded jeongin, but still slung his arm over jeongin's shoulder anyways.

"you sound australian," felix noted, looking at chan with hopeful eyes, "are you?"

"yeah!" chan grinned, switching from korean to english, "you too?"

"yeah! which part are you from?" felix asked excitedly, as jeongin and jisung stayed silent, watching the two aussies carry out a conversation in english.