[45]

"are we all set?"

it was approximately four thirteen, and the nine boys were all gathered in hyunjin's garage, packed and ready to leave.

"mosquito repellent? check. swim suits? check..."

jisung was doing one last spot check, scanning all the things in the trunks of the two cars.

"okay, i think we're good," jisung announced, folding his list and shoving it into his pocket, "are we ready?"

"i was born ready baby!" came felix's usual enthusiastic reply, and the other's defiant nods.

"then let's hit the road!"

-

"tWENTY SHOTS?"

jisung's shriek filled the car, so loud that the windows vibrated for a split second, and minho jumped slightly beside him.

the two cars were halfway to their destination, the boys had just exited the city and was entering the countryside, empty roads with flower fields on both sides of the road, and the most beautiful thing; a creamy orange and pink sunset, a spectacular view that the boys were enjoying, until hyunjin had decided to bring up friday night's incident, jisung's attention immediately drawn away from the fields he had been appreciating.

"calm your ass down," hyunjin scolded, griping the steering wheel a little tighter, "i poured beer into a shot glass, it's not like i gave him soju or something. those twenty shots were probably equivalent to one can of beer. bold of you to assume that i would want to kill my boyfriend."

"good," jisung grumbled, settling back down into his seat, "because you can't kill the only person with actual functioning brain cells in our friend group."

hearing this, seungmin rolled his eyes, "you're using me for my brains? wow, what a friend you are."

"you know i'm just playin'," jisung teased, leaning forward from the backseat to pinch seungmin's cheek.

"anyways, as i was saying," hyunjin continued from where he had left off before jisung had interrupted him, "he started ranting about some girl from kindergarten, and he got so pressed that the shot glass in his hand exploded, because he was squeezing it so tight."

"damn seungmin!" jisung whistled, "feisty."

"so lesson learnt, don't get me drunk," seungmin said, with a somewhat triumph tone.

"yeah yeah."

silence fills up the car for a few seconds, but it doesn't last long until jisung spoke up again.

"hey baby, can you pass me the gummy bears in your pocket? i'm snacky," jisung nudged a sleepy and dazed minho gently with his arm.

minho was just about to reach into his hoodie pocket when hyunjin immediately screeched out.

"no! jisung, i'm sorry but you're gonna have to starve."

"what? why?"

"no eating in my car. sorry, but i can't risk ants and cockroaches living in my precious convertible."

"killjoy," jisung mumbled under his breath with a slight pout.

"what did you say?"

"nothing."

hyunjin frowns, but he brushed it off anyhow as he focused back onto the road, until he heard jisung mumble in the back quietly again.

"your car isn't even that cool anyways."

hyunjin stopped the car abruptly, the tires squealing to a stop, and the four were jerked forwards.

"han jisung i WILL literally drop you off right here right now," hyunjin threatened, glaring at the younger through his car rear view mirror.

ever since the 'incident', when jisung had nearly burnt hyunjin's house down, the two were slightly... bitter to each other.

felix had gotten off the hook, because he had offered to pay for hyunjin's drink as a peace offering, and because he was felix; no one could stay mad at him.

they always seemed to be arguing with each other like five year old children, as seungmin liked to say.

guess you could say that they were somewhat frenemies.

jisung smirks as he shoots a teasing stare over at hyunjin, deliberately fishing out a snack bar from his pocket, hyunjin's eyes staring dead into jisung's.

"i'll spit on your pillow if you dare open that thing in my baby."

"you wouldn't dare."

"try me."

"oh for goodness sake!" an exasperated minho, after being silent for the past hour, finally had enough, "jisung, hyunjin, i will gag both of you if you two don't shut up."

"kinky."

"i'm breaking up with you."

"why are all of you against me?" jisung lets out an exasperated sigh, reaching for chest to place his hand over his heart as he slumps into his seat, "my feelings are hurt."

"oh hey look, it's the other group!"

in the midst of all the chaos, seungmin had pointed out, waving at the cream-coloured car that was drawing near to them.

"hey hyunjin, let your roof down!" jisung poked his head through the driver's and passenger's seat, "so we can chat with the others."

hyunjin compiled, and soon the roof was drawn back, jisung hastily unbuckling his seat belt and standing up, poking his head through the open roof.

"let your windows down!" jisung mouthed at the other boys, making wild hand gestures and signals that took a few moments for the other group to understand.

but soon enough, jisung had managed to get the message across as the windows were lowered down, and jeongin stuck his head out, smiling brightly.

"hi hyung! how's the road trip so far?"

"horrible!" jisung rolled his eyes, "hyunjin and minho are bullying me!"

"sucks!" jeongin pulled a sympathetic face, but it didn't last long as it quickly melted into a cheeky grin, "hey, wanna race?"

"bet!"

jisung quickly sat back down, poking his head through the seats again.

"we're racing the others! full speed hwang!"

"say no more," hyunjin smirked, revving up his car.

in a split second, hyunjin stepped on the gas, and the car was now flying down the road, seungmin holding onto his car seat for dear life, whereas jisung stood back up, hands in the air as they sped down the street at full speed.

the wind in his hair, the sound of delighted laughs from his best friends, the smell of fresh air, the faint summer music playing on the radio, the empty roads and the ethereal sunset, it was absolutely exhilarating, the feeling was magical.

it was moments like these.

moments like these that made life worth living.

-

a/n: hi guys i'm sorry if this chapter seems a little weird and if some sentences don't really make sense, it's because i'm writing this at two am in the morning 😍😍