22) Level With Us

The next day was soon to be conquered, it wasn't helping since a lot has happened just yesterday.
The rich girls went over to Dahyun's house to study.
Nothing looked out of the blue with Tzuyu and Chaeyoung's depressing mood.

Chaeyoung looked over to Tzuyu who was cuddling a pillow she picked randomly.
"You seem down? What happened?"
Tzuyu sighed, "Me and Sana are on a break, she said that it would be good if I didn't have any distractions."
"That's nice, at least she cares for you." Chaeyoung faintly smiled.

Tzuyu was bothered with her response. Chaeyoung was not her usual self.
"What about you? You seem more saddened than me." She squinted as if she could see through her.
"It's nothing." It was an obvious lie, her eyes darted away from Tzuyu.
"I told you mine, now it's your turn."

"Fine." Chaeyoung said, "Me and Mina have... broken up."
It took a while for Tzuyu to process, she couldn't believe it. It was a joke for sure, Mina and Chaeyoung — a perfect couple — apparently not anymore.
"Why did she break up with you?" Tzuyu asked in a unusual tone.
"I don't want to talk about it."

"You don't seem too bothered."
Chaeyoung stared blankly at the floor, "I just don't know how to feel. It's just all over the place."
Even if it was all of a sudden Tzuyu backed off, she knew that she didn't want to get into detail.

At that moment, Dahyun skipped inside and knew something was wrong.
"Uh... did something happen?" She stopped mid-skip and stood in front of them with a confused expression.
"Sana and I are on a break." Tzuyu said.
"Mina and I broke up." Chaeyoung right after.

"What?! I can understand Tzuyu but you Chae? What happened?" Dahyun asked in a serious tone.
It took Chaeyoung a moment to figure out a lie, she didn't want to tell them the truth. It will only slow down the process.
"Chae, you can answer if you want to." Tzuyu assured her.

"W-We... called it off. It wasn't working out."
"8 months you two have been dating... how?" Dahyun sighed.
"We just need to separate okay! Just leave it. I don't want to talk about it." Chaeyoung snapped and closed her eyes tightly.
"I'm sorry, I guess I'll have to call off the dinner." Dahyun was about to reach for her phone, but Tzuyu stopped her.

"What dinner?" She asked.
"Momo and I set up a dinner date today, we planned it two days ago. I mean if you're uncomfortable with it I can call it off." Dahyun explained as she unlocked her phone.
"No need, I'll still come." Chaeyoung said.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes." She got up from her seat and went into the kitchen.
"How about you Tzuyu?"
"I think I can cope, we are still together." Tzuyu laughed in a nervous way.

She hasn't spoke to Sana since.
.
.
.
The Japanese girls were roaming around the streets of Seoul, out of their rooms for fresh air.
"So the dinner date is still going on?" Sana questioned Momo.
"Yeah, but we're not forcing you to come. It was suppose to be the six of us, but I guess things happen." Momo's eyes wandered off her friends.
"It's fine, I'll still come." Mina said blatantly.

"Are you sure?" Sana asked.
"I'm sure, I'll just sit in between you two." She kept on walking, her feet dragged across the ground like something weight her down.
"Is Chaeyoung coming?" Sana whispered.
"Dahyun said she will and Tzuyu will as well."

They caught up with Mina who stopped to wait for her friends.
"Can you guys promise me something?" Mina said.
"Of course."
"Can we not mention anything that happened for tonight." She looked sadly at her friends as she waited for their response.
"Yeah, I guess Chaeyoung hasn't mentioned what she's been doing to them yet." Sana replied.
"Well she has to own up some day." Momo scoffed and they all continued to use their free time trying to prepare themselves for the upcoming dinner.