29) Conflict

She was waiting, waiting for a particular person to exit the campus. It was around 4:00pm only a few students were still around, the girl must be out by now. Irene kept an eye out for the youngest girl from her friends. Not Chaeyoung.
Mina.

It's been a long time since they've seen each other. She wanted to pay a little visit.
Irene saw Mina exiting the school gates, she smiled to herself and stepped out of her place in clear vision that the girl stopped.

"Hello." Irene smiled.
Mina pushed aside and tried blocked all of the sounds.
"I know who you are Miss Myoui Mina." Irene chuckled, "I know what you did."

"Bae Juhyun." Mina mumbled.

She walked in front of the young girl and leant forward, "4 years since I've seen you, same with your other Japanese friends. I've helped them, just like I've helped you."

"You've betrayed us." Mina snapped as she balled her fist.

"No, I simply left you. When you had to work for me, I didn't need you anymore."

"We trusted you, you said you'd protect us."

"Technically I did. Those bullies that were bothering you... I took care of them. I sabotaged their tests, just like you would." Irene saw right through her, a different girl she saw from before.

Mina was hesitant, "Y-You... you didn't."

"I did and you should've said thank you. Since I also framed that vandalism on another student."

"No."

"It's the truth."

"What are you doing with Chaeyoung?!" She shouted with all her anger built up, she had to be careful.

Irene paused, "I need her, like she needs me."

"You're using her."

"Only to get my way." Irene sighed, her distasteful smile faded away.

"You are a liar."

She chuckled a small bit, "I wish I could stay longer, but I have to go." That was her cue to leave, Irene walked away just like she did with the three girls.
'Dammit! Why didn't I punch her?', Mina thought as she relaxed her her muscles. She felt very fatigued after seeing her once again. Even once of looking at her was enough to set the memories off.

The vandalism, the trust that she gave her with her friends. It's all coming back.

Flashback - 7 years ago

6 months in Korea.
6 months in this forsaken school!

Mina didn't want to another year of harassment from other people. Her friends were the only ones she cared about in this school, but they mustn't know what she was planning to do.

To trash the school.

It was midnight, the school was closed and security guard didn't bother to show up, it was Middle school after all, who would go in this broke place?

Mina's parents thought their daughter was sleeping peacefully in her bed, but little did they know that she sneaked out and crawled through a hole in the fence behind the school.
She slipped inside to the art rooms and found a bucket of red paint and a brush. She was going to paint the halls red.