23) An Awkward Dinner

They had to prepare themselves. For this encounter is surely uncomfortable within Dahyun's household. They all thought that, putting on a façade and make everything seem ordinary.

The bodyguards were always dismissed to be separated from the rest, they had no idea of what the strange atmosphere was when they first served their food.
As the relationships changed so did the seat order.
On the left side were Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and Dahyun. On the right were Sana, Mina and Momo.
They were back in their groups again, this time they felt uncomfortable.

Quietly, they are in silence. In their minds it was a great idea now they started to doubt.
"What are we going to do?" Momo leant over and whispered to Dahyun.
"I don't know. We should converse with them." Dahyun cleared her throat which grabbed their attention.
"So... how is everyone?"
Momo rolled her eyes and spoke with a sarcastic tone, "Great question."

"It's okay I guess." Sana first spoke as Mina nodded silently next to her.
"You two?" Dahyun looked at her friends for a genuine answer.
"Same..." They quietly mumbled.
Just then, Chaeyoung stood up excusing herself from the table.
Sana elbowed Momo indicating her talk to her.

As Momo followed her upstairs, she noticed that she was staring back at the table directly to Mina.
"Chae..." Momo started, her throat started to hurt.
"Hmm?"
"I heard what happened. I'm only going to say this once stay away from Irene. She's only using you like she did before." Momo's tone drastically changed, she had somewhat passion of aggression.

"She's not like that, I've known her since I was young. Plus... we need each other and it's not that kind of relationship." Chaeyoung defended.
"I know, just be careful around her." She was about to walk away when Chaeyoung looked at her weirdly.
"What do you mean before? Where have you heard things about her?"
Momo paused. She steadied her hand and without looking back she responded, "Rumours. I just heard from rumours."

Chaeyoung couldn't believe what she said. She scoffed of what she heard.
She's wrong, she thought, they are all wrong. We both have the same objective.

Stomping her way downstairs catching everyone's attention, Momo sat down at her seat.
"How did it go?" Sana asked quietly.
"She still trusts her."
"So be it, she has to experience what we went through." Mina said coldly.
"But just thinking about it, it's hard to see Chaeyoung get embarrassed or lonely. Don't you think?" Sana turned to Mina.
"How do you think we felt?" Mina glared back making Sana jolt back to her normal position.
.
.
.
In Jeongyeon's room, the bodyguards were having their time of their lives playing truth or dare. A classic past time as if they were children again. Last time they were playing 'Who Am I?' and in result they ended up in a huge argument. Quite normal somehow.

"Okay, Nayeon you're next." Jihyo said.
She thought of what one of the two options, "I pick dare."
Jeongyeon grinned deviantly, "I dare you to put ice cubes down your back."
"What are you, nine?" Nayeon snapped back.
"We're literally playing a game. Are you going to do it or forfeit?"
Nayeon rolled her eyes and stomped her way to the freezer grabbing a bag full of ice cubes.

"Here." She gave the bag to Jihyo, she was the only person who would be trusted to do this properly.
Jihyo grabbed at least 3 giant ice cubes and slipped it inside the back of her shirt, the girl squirmed and covered her mouth as she was being laughed at by her friends.

"I. Hate. You." Nayeon steadied her breath and glared.
"Okay, Jeongyeon." Jihyo moved on.
"I pick dare."
Finally, Nayeon could do something back, "I declare you to tell me why you're having these secret calls."

Jeongyeon coughed almost making herself gag, the demand was surely threatening.
"If not, then hand me your phone." She gestured and opened her hand as if she would give up already.
"I...I'll show you."
In a frantic movement, Jeongyeon walked downstairs with the others following behind her. There she stood in front of the closet.

"I wanted to keep this a secret but I guess I'll show you now." She opened the door in one full swoop and there was only a wrapped up box with a name-tag that had the name 'Nayeon'.

"Jeongyeon? What's this?" The curious girl asked and inspected it.
"It was for you, it was suppose to be a surprise." Jeongyeon smiled.
A beautiful, white, long dress was hidden inside. Nayeon gasped at the sight of its charm. The rhinestones reflected the artificial light onto the girl's skin, and once she she looked inside the box one more time, an even smaller box was contained.
Inside was a necklace with a heart shape pendant and if you look hard enough there was an inscription saying, 'I love you'.

"Is... this what you were...being secretive for?" Nayeon asked as her words struggle to come out.
"Yeah, I thought I could surprise you."
Nayeon wrapped her arms around her and smiled widely.
"I'm sorry. I thought you were hiding something terrible."
Jeongyeon chuckled, "It's okay. I get it, I'll probably think too."

Jihyo winked at Jeongyeon and put her finger up to her lips.
"Since that's been cleared, lets go back." Nayeon skipped up the whole way to the room and the other two held back.
"You saved yourself." Jihyo scoffed.
"That was close, she almost had me."
.
.
.
The dinner ended.
The others were keen to escape the awkwardness that was surrounding them the whole evening.
"I guess you all had a good evening?" Jihyo beamed.
They mumbled which seemed to be in agreement.
"Okay... oh! Before I forget, who would like to clean the house with me." Jeongyeon asked.
Almost all scattered out of the house without a response.

"Don't worry Jeongyeon, I'll help." Momo smiled.
"Lovely. You can come next Friday and help."
As Dahyun escorted Momo outside, her friends, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were already gone. Mina and Sana were waiting for their friend.
"What are we going to do with them?" Dahyun sighed.
"We just have to see what happens." Momo felt optimistic, yet Chaeyoung was with a problem she didn't trust Irene and so do her friends. She kissed her girlfriend goodnight and walked home.