36) Secrets

Chaeyoung rushed upstairs and locked her bedroom door. She saw the laptop from her desk and said the assigned password.
The thing was, Chaeyoung stopped after seeing her parents video, no knowing there were more to be found.
She searched through the files, most were about plans that her parents hoped to work with, but there was one that stood out.

A file named, 'For Chaeyoung...' she clicked on it and led her to a video. Jihyo's mother was only in frame.
"What is this?" Chaeyoung asked as she proceeded to play it.

"This video may or may not be discovered by you Chaeyoung, but... the car crash wasn't an accident. We lied to the media and you, the police only knew and are still trying to find out who it was. I don't know too much, but someone planned to kill your family. Please, do not seek revenge, I just wanted to get it off my chest. I don't want you to see this, but you're my niece and I must keep you safe."

The video ended.
"W-What?!" Chaeyoung froze.
Then, she remembered, it triggered a memory. When she was in the car on the day of the 'accident', she saw someone running into the alleyway with dark overalls and the car with no one inside.
How? Why was this coming to her now?

"No... this can't be true." Chaeyoung searched through and saw another file which was named, 'Unknown'. This time it led her to a voice memo.

"Someone is after us, I think we know who..."
But it ended abruptly, Chaeyoung had no idea who it was.
'Someone was after my parents...' It took a while for Chaeyoung to process, she wasn't surprised that her parents were a target after all they were in some shady businesses.
Well, that's what she understood.
"Dammit, who was it?! Where have you said it?" She searched and searched until she couldn't find anymore until she thought of Irene.
She could tell her what she found and could help.

Chaeyoung headed outside and told Jihyo she was going to walk around, lying to her face once again.
It had to be done, she had to be secretive to get through this discovery. The car accident was on purpose, it was definitely planned, but who did it?

"Irene, where are you?" Chaeyoung called her on the phone.
"At my parents' house, they're not here right now." She responded.
"I'll head there."
It took around 15 mins to get to the Bae's house, she knocked onto the door and Irene was there.

"Chae..."
But before Irene could speak anymore, Chaeyoung barged in and dragged her to the living room.
"You won't believe what I just found." Chaeyoung beamed.
"Chae, I'm not in the mood to hear it." Irene stepped back.
"Just hear me out."
"I don't want to." Irene shook her head and a figure appeared behind her.

"Let's hear what the girl has to say..." A familiar voice to Chaeyoung spoke.
"Mr Bae?" Chaeyoung quietened, "I thought your parents weren't home."
"That's what I told her to say." He said with a grin.
"Sir... I don't know what you mean. Irene?" Chaeyoung looked at her, but she was helpless.

"I'll explain later."
Something hit Chaeyoung across the head causing her to blackout.