37) Two-Faced

Chaeyoung woke up, the first thing she noticed was the room she was in. It was the Bae's old house, inside the basement.
She felt her body going stiff. Her hands and legs were tied up, when she looked up, Irene's parents were overlooking her.
"Good, you're awake." Mr Bae smirked.
Chaeyoung could still feel the mark where they hit her at the back of her head.
"Why are you doing this?" She growled.
"Something to get back at you and your family's company." Mrs Bae scoffed and intensely stared back.

"What happened? What did my parents do?" Chaeyoung struggled.
"Everything. I think you know that both our companies were supposed to build a hotel under both our names, but that plan was cancelled. Then your parents built that hotel with those companies." Mr Bae pointed straight at me.
"You mean, Kim and Chou?" She asked.
"Who else?" He laughed, "That was suppose to be ours, but your parents suspected us and threw us out."

Chaeyoung shook her head, "There has to be a reason why."
"What do you think? You're their daughter, you must have the brains." He smirked, but Chaeyoung felt a bit uncomfortable.
"I guess you don't. But I know you remember a ransom note you found in our house right?" Mr Bae paced back and forth.

The note?

The money that we want!
You have two days till we will take action.
You know what happens!
You and that Son company will pay!

"The ransom note, there were targeting you and my parents." Chaeyoung finally recalled, back at the second meeting. A ransom note was found.
Mr and Mrs Bae just chuckled, "No one was targeting us, we were targeting your company."
Chaeyoung froze and her anger grew.
"What?"
"That was supposed to go towards the Kim and the Chou company since they were at the top, but that plan didn't initiate."

"You just wanted to overrule the Big 3, you wanted to have it all!" She shouted.
"Now you're finally getting it. It's not that hard, if you give it all to me, I'll let you free." Mr Bae smiled devilishly.
No way Chaeyoung would ever sell her parents hard work for these self-indulgent people.
"I would never sell anything to you." Chaeyoung snapped back.

His smile drastically changed into an ugly frown.
"Fine."
Then, footsteps were heard sounding as if there crowds of people.
"If you won't tell, they'll make you."
He beckoned them to come forward, they all wore black overall and a mask.
"But first, a little reunion." He snickered and with his wife he exited the basement.

Chaeyoung watched as one figure stepped forward, he was the only one who wore a black baseball cap and wore no mask.
"Son Chaeyoung, I believe we haven't met face-to-face." He nodded his head and two other people cut her free and made her stand up.
"I know you don't recognise me, but think back to the car accident." He smiled.

It finally hit her, she remembered someone running into an alleyway with the exact same clothing that he had.
Could it be?
Her parents killer?

"You...YOU!" Chaeyoung grabbed his collar very tightly.
His colleagues tried hold her back, but she resisted whilst he kept his grin.
"And that break in, my brother did a beating on you? Do you remember?"

The break-in, the time Chaeyoung was unprepared and would have been seriously injured if it wouldn't be for Jihyo's help.

She couldn't take it anymore and punched him to the group, his colleagues held her back.
"You ruined everything!" Chaeyoung growled.
"I wouldn't have done it if they didn't pay top money." He grinned.
"They?"
"The Bae family, why do you think they've tried to act all innocent during the years you were mourning your parents. They planned it all." He continued, "Mr Bae thought when the Son family died, an announcement will be made after the confirmation of your deaths. That announcement would contain a file forged by the Baes making it look like your parents signature saying that all properties will be owned with the Bae company. But you didn't die and all the properties were passed down to you."

"No..." Chaeyoung felt her tears run down her face.
"Now, you have an easy way out. You could sell everything you own to them and we won't hurt you a single bit." He sighed.
"I'll. Never. Do. That." Chaeyoung gritted her teeth and tried to escape their grip.
"Of course. I hope you've toughened up when you were younger." He chuckled menacingly and nodded to his colleagues.