27) Love Is Still Present

Dahyun got into the car without saying a word, Jeongyeon stood outside as she waited for someone.
"Momo!" She shouted, grabbing the girl's attention.
"Are you still helping with the cleaning today?"
"Oh, yeah of course." Momo said. She remembered she was helping with cleaning their house.

Momo entered the back door and found Dahyun sitting quietly whilst facing away from her. She sat quietly too and for the rest of the journey they stayed silent.

When arriving at Dahyun's house, Jeongyeon at once pulled her half-sister to one side.
"What's going on with you and Momo?" Jeongyeon asked.
"What do you mean?"
"You two didn't even speak once to each other." She quietened her voice.
"I messed up, but since she's already here I want to make it up." Dahyun walked away after she spoke.

Cleaning gloves, duster and a mask was all that they needed. The downstairs was finished in an hour, the upstairs was soon to be cleared.
After some time, it was down to a few rooms and yet Dahyun hadn't gathered her courage to apologise.
"Good, we're almost done, now it's just the bedrooms and the attic." Jeongyeon sighed in almost sweet satisfaction.

"I'll take my room, Dahyun you take yours and Momo you can take the attic."
"Sure, what do I have to do?" Momo asked.
"Just take the boxes down and we'll be done for the day." Jeongyeon rushed into her room.
Just when Momo was about to pull the attic hatch down, Dahyun gained the courage.

"Momo, thanks for helping out." She said sheepishly.
"Jeongyeon did ask me beforehand and I cleared out my schedule for this." Momo replied as she used a broom to latch onto the string which opened the hatch.
"I'm surprised you didn't get a cleaning service to clear it out."

"Jeongyeon likes to clean and said that it would be more satisfying to do it yourself." Dahyun chuckled which did make Momo chuckled as well.
"I'm sorry for the way I acted," Dahyun began, "I was jealous and I doubted myself. It was stupid for me to think that way..." Then she stopped, she was too embarrassed to carry on, but Momo just smiled.
"It's okay, but do remember that I'm your girlfriend." Momo grinned.

Dahyun nodded her head and snickered.
"Let's finish the job, I'll start bringing the boxes down."
They went to their assigned rooms, Momo got to the top and had a large spacing just not enough light.
There was a small lightbulb hanging from the ceiling and a string in which she pulled. It didn't help as the light only lit up 1/4 of the room.

She didn't mind it and carried on with her work. Then, she heard something close behind her as of when she picked up a box.
The opening hatch closed all of a sudden.
Momo panicked and tried to push it open.
It wouldn't budge.

She tried calling for Dahyun and Jeongyeon.
They wouldn't answer.
Now she was stuck in a damp room with only the artificial light that kept her safe.

"Just stay calm... they'll come for you." She closed her eyes and relaxed her body. That's when she remembered something...

Flashback

"Stay in there you scaredy-cat!" One of them banged their fist onto the locker.

"Are you scared, do you want your friends? Oh wait, you don't have any." Another mocked her.

Momo hated being this situation, those bullies always tormented her, but she didn't know that they will go this far. They trapped her inside a locker and wouldn't let her out.

"Stay in there you foreigner!"

Why weren't there any teachers around?
Why wasn't anyone helping?

Momo cried and begged to let her go, but they just laughed and laughed until she heard someone's voice which was more mature and older.

"What are you doing?! Let them out now!" It was a female.
The bullies stepped back and opened the locker, Momo fell to her knees, she was glad to see the light and to touch the floor.
"Oh my... are you alright?" The older female pulled towards her and rubbed her arms.