35) Remember Those Days

Jeongyeon and Jihyo carried Nayeon to her room, they gently placed her onto her bed.
"She's very light." Jeongyeon said.
"Yeah, lighter than you." Jihyo scoffed and went downstairs.
Jeongyeon felt offended but got over it as soon as she looked at Nayeon, her hair placed perfectly onto her pillow and the way she seemed so peaceful after that kerfuffle.

"She looks like a Princess waiting to be kissed..." She realised what she had just said, "No... that's just weird. But she does look beautiful." She kneeled down beside her and took her hand.
"Someday... I won't be a coward anymore." Jeongyeon whispered and left her to rest.

The next morning came and the whole group stayed over, no one went into Nayeon's room. Tzuyu decided to treat her to a morning breakfast knowing she would be the first to wake up since of her drunkenness.

Nayeon woke up with a huge headache.
'Flip... how much did I drink?' She sat upright and stayed in that position for a few minutes before forcing herself to go downstairs.
She smelt a strong aroma from the kitchen, a hint of lemon and ginger, she thought.
She headed inside and found Tzuyu pouring orange juice in a glass.

"You're awake." She smiled and gave her the orange juice and with it a soup to help.
"Did I do anything stupid?" Nayeon asked as she slurped her soup.
"I'm surprised you didn't." Tzuyu sat beside her and laid her head on the table.
"Aigoo, Tzuyu." Nayeon brushed Tzuyu's hair as if she was a dog. It reminded her when she was young.
"Do you remember how we first met?" She said.
Tzuyu looked up and nodded, "I was 10 years old..."
Then, it all flooded back to them, back to their first meeting.

Flashback - 8 years ago

"Tzuyu!" Her mother called.
The little girl ran downstairs and was met with a stranger who was behind her parents.
"Who is that?" Tzuyu hid behind her mother.
"It's you're new bodyguard, she'll be living here." Mr Chou said, "We'll let you two get along on your own."
The Chous went upstairs as they left Nayeon and Tzuyu alone.

Nayeon sat on the sofa and gestured to Tzuyu who was hesitant at first.
"I'm not a bad person, I'm here to protect you." Nayeon smiled.
"I don't know who you are." Tzuyu crossed her arms.
Nayeon chuckled, "I'm Im Nayeon your personal bodyguard."
"I don't need a bodyguard." Tzuyu rolled her eyes.

"Then who will keep the bad people away?" Nayeon walked over.
"I will, I can fight them." Tzuyu stood straight creating a confident stance.
"Then I'll help you."
"I don't need help."
"Fine, then I'll be there to support you. If you can fight them, then I'll cheer you on." Nayeon gave her a motherly smile.

"Why do you act like a grandma?" Tzuyu asked.
"What do you mean?" Nayeon asked, she was deeply offended.
"You act so old and nice just like my grandma. My mother would never say anything like that."
"Maybe because I like you more." Nayeon patted onto Tzuyu's head. Usually, she never lets anyone near her hair, but she allowed Nayeon.

"I still don't know who you are, but I'll trust you as my bodyguard."

Flashback End

Both Nayeon and Tzuyu smiled at each other.
"You really didn't trust anyone when you were young." Nayeon said.
"Yeah, it's mostly because I didn't like anyone." Tzuyu sighed.
"I guess I was an exception."
"I guess so..."

They stayed in silence and after Nayeon finished her soup, she turned to Tzuyu and hugged her.
"You were always like a little sister to me even before I knew you were."
They pulled apart and the others started to walk into the kitchen.
"All of them are awake, let's set them breakfast." Tzuyu said to Nayeon.
.
.
.
After they finished their food, it was time to relax. The past few days were quite hectic for the Chou company and the Im family.

"Everything will blow out soon enough." Dahyun said in a light tone.
"I hope so." Tzuyu sighed.
"I just saw an article and the responses have been positive so far." Jeongyeon smiled.
It was true, the comments were very accepting and made the Chou company and Tzuyu even more popular.
"It's even trending, 'Im Tuzyu'."

There were some odd comments, but no one cares about them. They were just happy that it was all over.

The group gathered around the living room, soon enough Chaeyoung's phone vibrated.
It was a text from Irene.

Irene: Got anymore secrets you found in the documents or anything?

Chaeyoung: Oh right... I'll get on it.

She wasn't done with her work, she had to find out what her parents were planning and that suspicious ransom note. Chaeyoung believed that her parents were caught up in some shady deals, she had to come to a conclusion onto who with and why.

"Jihyo, I think we should head home." Chaeyoung said.
"Sure." Jihyo didn't hesitate and did what she said. The others were also getting ready to leave.

As soon as they arrived at their house, Chaeyoung rushed to her bedroom.