28) The Building

I'm sorry for not updating that much, school work took over and getting back into the schedule.
___
"Are you ready?" Irene asked before Chaeyoung before walking into her family's office building.
"I'm ready."
As soon as they walked in, Chaeyoung was the first to be recognised by the staff.
"Miss Son, may I help you?" One staff lady asked as she bowed.
"I want to see my parents office if that's okay."

She nodded and lead them to the highest floor of the building, there her parents office stood untouched.
Only the packed boxes that were suppose to be moved out of their office after they died, it looked like they cleaned up after Chaeyoung's meltdown.
"We're going to renovate this office soon, these boxes were going to you anyways. We'll send someone to collect it. In the meantime take your time in here." She bowed once more and left them.

"Where should we start?" Irene started to pick up one box and shuffled through them.
Chaeyoung went behind the desk searched through the drawers, nothing in particular she thought that stood out. Just random pens and pencils with plain paper.
This went on for at least six minutes, whilst Irene checked the other boxes Chaeyoung found a secret hidden safe within one of the bookcases.

It's had a four-digit code. She tried both of her parents' birthdays. It didn't work.
Then, she tried her own birthday and that still didn't work.
"No use." She mumbled to herself and left it.
Soon, Irene found something in one of the boxes.
"Chae, I found something." Irene laid it out onto the desk and unwrinkled the corners.
"What is it?"
"It's some kind of blueprint for a project. And look, it says Bae and Son." She pointed at the right corner, their parents' signatures were written.

"This is a hotel structure, but we have no buildings with our families' name to it." Chaeyoung said.
"Not unless this hotel was built by the Big 3 company." Irene showed a document with the same style as the blueprint.
Apparently, the building by the Bae and Son company was cancelled and later on was build by the Kim, Chou and Son company.
The Bae company seemed to back out of the opportunity.

"Why the cancellation?" Chaeyoung questioned herself and scanned through the pages of the documents only to report that the miscommunication was futile and had to be dealt with.
"Maybe the Chou and Kim companies were the problem?" Irene said.
"No, don't be silly. They'll never do that." Chaeyoung laughed it off.

They kept searching and inside one of the boxes was a small laptop. Chaeyoung took it to the desk and turned it on.
Thankfully, the battery was still full.
Irene came over and watched as the screen required a password, just not any ordinary password, it was voice locked.
"I guess it'll only work for you." Irene backed away.

Chaeyoung thought of many words starting off with the obvious.
"Son." She spoke as the laptop picked up her voice it responded back to her.
"Access denied."
"Son Chaeyoung."
"Access denied."
"Try your birthday or your parents'." Irene suggested.
"April 23rd."
"Access denied."

"Dammit."
She shut the laptop and sighed heavily.
"It's fine, at least we got something." Irene said, "I'll take the blueprints and the documents and you'll take the laptop."
Chaeyoung nodded, yet she felt strange around Irene. She was more giddy and frantic, it's either she was excited or she knows more than she is telling.

She kept in mind with what Momo said to her.

"She's only using you like she did before."
"Just be careful around her."

What did she mean by that?

"I guess we're done here." Irene stood in the door way.
"Are we meeting tomorrow?" Chaeyoung asked.
"I have something to do with someone, just keep searching." She walked out and left Chaeyoung by herself.
.
.
.
Jihyo laid on her sofa and sighed whilst covering her face with a cushion.
"What's wrong?" Namjoon asked, he came around to check on her.
Jihyo uncovered her face and with a look of disappointment she rolled her eyes, "I'm worried about Chaeyoung, she's distancing herself."

"Was it about that person she's with?" He asked.
"Irene isn't a harm, she's sweet."
"Do you know where she's now?"
"No. She just said that she'll be with Irene, but it's nothing serious. Chaeyoung just wants to see her family's files and such." Jihyo sighed, she felt she had to be there with Chaeyoung. She's always been there for her.

"If she trusts Irene, then we should trust her." He said.
"I guess, it's just her friendship with Dahyun dwindled and Mina broke up with her. I think she feels that no one is on her side." She sat up and slouched on the sofa.
"Give her time, she'll come back in no time." He smiled.

"I hope so."
.
.
.
Jeongyeon and Nayeon were staying at Dahyun's house, the reason why Nayeon was there because she was panicking over one single video.
But that one single video was significant, she was sent a video from the Chou company which had 'evidence' to expose Chou Tzuyu's real blood parents.

Apparently the person who gathered the evidence only speculated it. Nayeon freaked out as soon as she saw her parents with Tzuyu and linked their facial features. A former worker for the Chou company hinted about the relationship between Tzuyu and the Chous.

Nayeon was afraid that if her sisters' secret gets out, the whole issue would fall into Tzuyu's hands, she's already in a state of stress. Nayeon paced around the room with Jeongyeon watching her.

"It's nothing major yet." Jeongyeon said as she closed her laptop.
"Who knows what's next? Threats? Harassment? I don't know what to do?!" Nayeon messed up her hair in anger.
Jeongyeon stood up, she wrapped her arms around her waist and stroked her hair.
"The company is doing their best to keep it quiet and we'll get through it."

Nayeon nodded her head slowly, "I just want to protect her."
"I know, and even if they revealed that Tzuyu is not related to the Chous. You can be proud to say she's your sister." Jeongyeon smiled and hugged her tighter.