Prince of Mirkwood

"Mithrandir" I called as I ran after Gandalf the grey. "Mithrandir slow down" I called again as I caught up to him. "Aran" He said and smiled. "I thought your parents forbid you from leaving Lothlórien" Gandalf said as we continued walking. "But yet I journey with you to the edge of my home" I said with a smile. "Your parents would have my head if they knew I took you this far" Gandalf said as we stopped walking. "It's beautiful" I said as I looked up at the mountains. The misty mountains stretched up higher than any of the trees in Lothlórien. Snow and fog covered the peak of every mountain top in sight with a deep blue tint to them in the shadows. I stared in awe at the sight in front of me. "I should take you back before sun down" Gandalf said as we started walking back.

        "Mithrandir wait" I said and grabbed his arm. "Who's that?" I asked pointing up at a white figure. "That mellon nin is Azog the defiler, the pale orc" Gandalf said as we looked at the figure. "Thorin Oakenshield, son of Thráin, son of Thrór took his hand in battle" Mithrandir said to me. {"I've seen you before pale orc"} I said to Azog. {"I've seen you before but do not know you by name"} Azog said back. {"If you meet me here tomorrow night I can tell you of my kin"} I said ignoring Mithrandir's attempts to get my attention. {"In trade of what?"} Azog asked. {"In trade of teaching me the black speech"} I said and smiled. {"I swear on my people"} Azog said and left his spot.

        "You spoke to him" Gandalf said as I turned my head towards him. "Mithrandir let's get going" I said and pulled on his arm as I stared walking. "What did you say to him?" Mithrandir asked. "Nothing" I said keeping a straight face. "If your parents found out I let you speak with an orc I would surely be dead" Mithrandir said as he shook his head.

        Once we made it back to my home the sun was setting. "Mithrandir I see you brought our ray of sun back unharmed although a little late" Celeborn, my father said. "Ada it was my fault. I caught a glimpse of an animal and was determined to find it" I said and hugged him. "Curiosity will be your down fall" Galadriel, my mother said. "Naneth I shall be careful" I said and hugged her. "Tomorrow the Elvenking of Mirkwood and his son shall arrive" Naneth told me as we walked down the wooden bridge. "Be polite and kind to Legolas for one day you shall marry him to connect our people" Naneth told me as she led me to the separate housing. "Get some sleep tithen pen" She said and kissed my head before I left.

        When I woke in the morning and got ready the elves of Mirkwood were already there. "Thranduil, Legolas, please excuse my late appearance" I said and slightly bowed to them. Both pairs of blue eyes fell on me. "My lady of the elements" Legolas said and bowed. "Legolas, prince of Mirkwood, we are not yet bound to eachother. I would appreciate if you would not call me your lady" I said and folded my hands. "Perhaps I could take your daughter on a walk?" Legolas asked ada. He nodded. "Please allow me to get my bow first" I said and rolled my eyes as I walked back to my room to grab my bow.

        When I came back Legolas and I walked off into the forest. "Have you spoken to Mithrandir recently?" Legolas asked me. I nodded. "He was here yesterday. We walked to the edge of Lothlórien" I said and smiled. "The edge of Lothlórien is on the border of Azog's land" Legolas said slightly angry. I nodded. "Let it be my job to mingle with other kin" I said back sharply. Legolas looked at me suprised. "You have never spoken to me in that way. We have matured together and never have you raised your voice" He said as we stopped walking.

        I pulled an arrow from my quiver and shot it at an apple hanging high in a tree. "You'll never be able to reach it" Legolas said as I wrapped my hands around the first low branch. "Watch me" I challenged as I swung my body higher into the tree. When I reached the apple I pulled it from the branch and placed my arrow back into my quiver. I climbed back down and stood in front of the tree. I leaned my head against the tree as I placed my hand on it. "Forgive me friend for I meant no harm. I thank you for your gift of sweet fruit" I said as a pair of yellow eyes opened. "The elven princess of Lothlórien speaks to the trees. She knows us and we know her. You never do harm my lady. We are glad to offer what we can" The tree said before closing its eyes again.