Smaug

We followed him down only to be met with the dragon's fire. We quickly ran down and found another tunnel. Thorin pushed me to run faster as the fire started catching up with us. He threw off his heavy shirt that was now on fire. "Come on!" He said and ran off with us behind him. "There may be a way out. We have to try" Thorin said as we walked down a narrow bridge. The sound of a golden coin falling was heard. We all stopped and looked up to see a few more coins falling from Smaug's underbelly. Thorin motioned for us to keep moving. I couldn't help but stare in awe at the dragon. I had never seen one before. Legolas and I used to hear stories from Thranduil when we were younger. He would describe them as being bigger than the trees in Lothlórien. I never believed him, but now I do. The company kept close behind Thorin. "Come on lassie. You're falling behind. We'll have plenty of time to look at Smaug when we're being incinerated" Dwalin said as he grabbed my arm and dragged me along.

      We ran down a long hallway to a room with bodies. "The last of our kin" Balin said. "They must've come here praying beyond hope" Balin said as we looked at the dwarve bodies. They were covered in webs. You could tell they had been there since Smaug first came. "We could try to reach the mines. We might last a few days" Balin said as he looked at the company. "No. I will not die like this. Cowering, clawing for breath" Thorin said as he continued to look at the bodies. "We make for the forges" Thorin said finally looking at the company. "He'll see us, sure as death" Dwalin replied. "Not if we split up" Thorin said. "Thorin, we'll never make it" Balin said as he looked at Thorin in shock. "Some of us might. Lead him to the forges. We kill the dragon" Thorin said. "If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" Thorin said and kissed my head. "Stay with me" I told Thorin as we split up. We started running but the dragon saw us. "Flee! Flee! Run for your lives! There is nowhere to hide" Smaug said. His voice echoed throughout Erebor. "Over here!" Dwalin yelled trying to get his attention away from us. We took off running as the other groups of dwarves yelled for Smaug's attention. "Run!" Thorin yelled to us. We followed him closely behind. "This way! It's this way!" Balin yelled to us. Thorin stopped and looked at me before he took his ring off his left thumb. He grabbed my hand and placed the ring in my palm before he closed my hand. "Stay with Balin and return this to me if we're still alive after the dragon's death" He told me. "I'm not leaving you" I protested. Thorin roughly placed his lips against mine, it was enough to make me melt. "Go" He said before running off.

      I closed my hand around the ring and followed Balin as we ran into a small room filled with different containers and powders. I watched as he mixed different ones together. I pulled the plain silver chain off my neck and placed the ring on it before I put it back on. "Isn't that Thorin's ring?" Ori asked as he noticed the ring hanging around my neck. I nodded. "He's coming back right?" Ori asked confused. "I'm not sure. But I hope so" I said and touched the ring. Balin threw some of the bottles into my arms. "Throw these at the dragon" He said as I nodded. The other dwarves that were with us grabbed more as we ran to where the dragon was. Ori and I were the first ones to make it close to the dragon. We threw our bottles at him, stopping him for a few seconds. A rope was cut and rocks were dropped on Smaug bringing him down for a bit. I ran to Thorin's side as the dragon got up. "Lead him to the gallery of kings and stay with Bilbo" Thorin said as he grabbed a metal wheelbarrow and jumped into it as he rode down the molten gold. "Run Bilbo!" Thorin yelled. Bilbo grabbed my hand as we ran to the gallery of kings. A tapastry was dropped on top of us as Smaug broke through the wall. Bilbo pulled me to the ground. "You think you can deceive me, barrel rider?! You have come from Lake-Town! This is some sordid scheme hatched between these filthy dwarves and those miserable tub-trading Lake-men. Those sniveling cowards with their Longbows and Black Arrows! Perhaps it is time I paid them a visit!" Smaug yelled.

      "This isn't their fault! WAIT! You cannot go to Lake Town!" Bilbo said as we got out from under the tapastry. He pushed me towards the stone pillars and I hid behind them. "You care about them, do you? Good. Then you can watch them DIE!" Smaug yelled at Bilbo. "Here, you witless worm!" Thorin yelled from on top of a tall stone held together by chains. "You!" Smaug said as he got closer to Thorin. "I am taking back what you stole" Thorin said to Smaug. Bilbo ran to my side. "Are you alright?" He asked. I nodded. "Are you?" I asked. Bilbo nodded back. "He's going to kill the people of Lake-Town" Bilbo said in a panic. "There is still one black arrow out there. If we are lucky the person who has it knows how to shoot" I told him.