Barrel Rider

"What do we do now?" Bofur asked. "Hold you breath" Bilbo told us. "Hold my breath? What do you mean?" Buffor asked as Bilbo pulled a lever that let the barrels slide into the water. The barrels rolled into the water soaking everyone. "Is everyone alright?" Thorin asked. Everyone grunted and complained. Bilbo fell into the water and grabbed onto Nori's barrel. "Well done master Baggins" Thorin told him. The barrels started to follow the current. "Hold on!" Thorin yelled as we saw a waterfall. He grabbed onto me and held me as our barrel fell into the water. Legolas appeared from the large doors. "Shut the gate" He told an elv before a guard blew his horn. We watched as the elv pulled the lever just as we reached the gate. "No!" Thorin yelled. I heard the sound of an arrow peirce into skin followed by a yell from an Orc. "Watch out! There's orcs!" Bufor yelled as the elv's dead body fell into the water. ~"Slay them all!"~ An orc demanded. "Get under the bridge!" Thorin yelled as an orc attacked Nori. Bilbo pulled out his sword and pushed it firmly into his neck killing him. I noticed Kili jump out of his barrel and towards the lever that controlled the gate. "Kili!" Fili yelled as an orc arrow hit his leg. More elves appeared killing orcs. Kili pulled the lever and our barrels took off again. "Kili!" I yelled before our barrel hit the water. ~"After them!"~ The orc yelled. The elves and the orcs followed our barrels down the river. "Arandur!" Legolas yelled as he tossed me my bow and quiver which were taken from me in the Mirkwood forest. {"Thank you ernil nin"} I said as he looked at me. {"For you mello nir, I would do anything"} Legolas said and smiled. I threw my quiver at the bottom of the barrel. My orcish blade was in there. "Thorin use my blade" I said and handed it to him. "This is an orc blade" Thorin said as he looked at it. "Just use it but don't leave it behind" I said as I shot an arrow at an orc who was getting closer to us. "Cut the log!" Thorin yelled as each dwarve hit the log with their weapon. Bombur's barrel was thrown out of the river. We all watched as his barrel hit orc after orc. Finally he fell back into the water.

      The elves stopped following us but the orcs kept coming. We finally lost them and the river finally calmed. "Anything behind us?" Thorin asked. "Not that I can see" Balin replied. "I think we've outrun the orcs" Bofur said. "Not for long. We've lost the current" Thorin said back. "We're almost half drowned!" Dwalin yelled. "Make for the shore. Come on!" Thorin yelled as we paddled our way toward the rocks. "Gloin, help me, my brother" Oin said as he paddled towards the shore. Ori, Dwalin, and Dori pulled Bombur out of his barrel and to the shore. Kili attempt to walk but fell. I ran to his side. "Kili are you alright?" I asked as he grabbed his leg. "I'm fine. It's nothing" He said as I looked at his leg. "On your feet" Thorin demanded. "Kili's wounded" Fili said to his uncle. "His leg needs binding" I said still looking at the injury. "There's an orc pack on our tail. We keep moving" Thorin said. "To where?" Balin asked. "To the mountains. We're so close" Bilbo said. "A lake lies between us and that mountain. We have no way to cross it" Balin replied. "So then we go around" Bilbo said. I pulled the bottom strip of my shirt off and tied it to Kili's leg. "The orcs will run us down, as sure as daylight. We've no weapons to defend ourselves" Dwalin told Bilbo. "Bind his leg quickly. You have two minutes" Thorin said as I continued tying the cloth. "That should hold up for now" I told Kili and brushed his hair behind his ear. Fili and I helped Kili get to his feet. A man appeared getting everyone's attention. Dwalin got ready to hit him with a stick but the man shot at it with an arrow. Kili was about to throw a rock at him but it was knocked out of his hand by an arrow. "Do it again and you're dead" The man said. Balin convinced the man to let us ride on his boat if we payed him double. He agreed and allowed us to ride into Lake-Town.