Stubborn Dwarve and Stubborn Elv

My eyes locked onto hers. They were hazel brown with the right eye showing more yellow. "Thorin. She will be a very good person to have on hand in this journey" Gandalf said to me. My eyes left hers to look at Gandalf. "And what does she have to offer us?" I asked. My words coming out more hate filled than I wanted. "You shall see in time Thorin Oakenshield" Gandalf told me as my gaze returned to the elven women. "If you slow the company down I will not hesitate to leave you behind elven women" I said sharply. "I prefer to be called by my name not by my title" She snapped back. I couldn't help but smile inside. She was brave enough to speak up against me. Maybe she would be interesting to have on this journey. I would have to be careful with her though. Her looks could instantly capture me. Or any other member of my company for that matter. "I shall think it wise to not speak to the princess of Lothlórien that way" Gandalf told me. Princess of Lothlórien? That was where she got her beauty from. I heard stories of men in the forest of Lothlórien, they being distracted by a beautiful woman, would get lost trying to find her. That was her. The beautiful woman that men risked their lives to find. Bilbo offered her food and she gladly accept the offer with kindness.

      When she was finished she joined us in the room with the fire. I had planted myself on the floor next to the fire and watched the flames to distract myself from staring at her again. "I didn't know you were an elven princess" Kili said. His tone made him sound hurt. I didn't know my nephew knew of such a beautiful women. Or that he knew an elv. "I didn't think it was important to mention" She told Kili. He laughed. "Not important. Did you hear her?" He asked laughing. "If you don't mind me asking what does mister Baggins have to offer the company?" Arandur asked. I let a laugh escape my lips. "Something we agree on" I said looking into the fire still. "Bilbo is our burglar" Dwalin told her. She was silent as the dwarves light their pipes. I lit mine too but the need to sneak a glance at this beautiful elven women now in our company overwhelmed me. I turned around to see her already looking at me. It made my heart beat fast. Her eyes locked onto mine before she blushed and turned away. Kili noticed her blushing and laughed. My nephew then noticed me blushing too. "You're blushing uncle" He told me. I felt my face getting even hotter. "Nonsense" I said and stood up. "Just sitting too close to the fire" I said covering for myself.

>Arandur's point of view

"You're blushing uncle" Kili told Thorin. His blushing grew. "Nonsense" Thorin said as he got up from the floor. "Just sitting too close to the fire" Thorin said. His eyes quickly met mine again before he looked away again and took a puff from his pipe. It was quiet for a while before Thorin started singing a slow song. It told the story of Smaug and the dwarves. His voice was gentle and deep. It was beautiful and made my heart beat faster again. The other dwarves joined in singing and stood. I sat and admired all their voices that blended perfectly together. Slowly one by one each dwarve was shown to a space to sleep. Thorin, Kili, and I were the only ones left around the dying fire.

      Kili got up and told us goodnight, leaving me and Thorin alone. I stood in front of the fire watching it die out. Thorin got up and started to walk out of the room. He walked up behind me and gently placed his hand on my hip. It sent shivers up and down my body. "You should get some sleep. We leave early" Thorin told me. His voice was gentle and low. He removed his hand and left. I soon followed and found a spot to sleep. In the middle of the night I woke up shaking. I knew I couldn't leave the house to get my other cloak from off my horse. The door alone would wake everyone. Not to mention the noises that would be coming from Odran. I stayed in the dimly lit room shaking, trying to fall back to sleep. The cold was harsher than it was in Lothlórien at nights. Suddenly I felt a warm coat being laid on me. I looked up to see Thorin laying his blue fur trimmed coat on myself. "I could hear you shaking from the next room" He said before turning his back to me. "Thank you" I shyly said. Thorin turned towards me and looked down. "It is no trouble" He said and walked away. I pulled the coat up to my neck and smiled as I looked up at the ceiling. Maybe Thorin wasn't as bad as I thought. "If you slow my company down I will not hesitate to leave you behind elven women" Thorin's words bounced around in my head. "Stubborn dwarve" I mumbled to myself as I closed my eyes.