The Battle

____________________________________________

Sorry a little bit of a short chapter

____________________________________________

      Thorin sent a message to Dain, telling him about what happened. Many messages were sent back and forth between the two using the birds. "What are we going to do?" I asked Thorin as I followed him to the treasure. "Prepare for battle" He told me as he picked up a dwarve helmet. "I never thought I would be fighting alongside an elven woman" Thorin said. "Did you ever think you would be fighting alongside someone you care greatly for?" I asked making Thorin chuckle. "No. I never thought I would be fighting with someone I love" Thorin said as he kissed my head and handed me the helmet. "I would rather die fighting for your safety than fight knowing I willingly put you in harm's way" Thorin told me as the back of his hand stroked my cheek. "Stay with Dwalin for now" Thorin told me. I nodded and left to find him sitting on the wall's edge. "Arandur" Dwalin said and smiled when he saw me. "Dwalin" I said and smiled back. "Where's Thorin?" He asked. "Preparing for battle" I said as Dwalin nodded. I closed my eyes and began to take deep breaths. "What are you doing?" Dwalin asked. "Calling a friend" I replied as I kept my eyes closed. I let out a deep breath and swirled the wind around. It scattered the birds and they flew off. They knew what to do, they would find Beorn and tell him we needed help. "Calling who?" Dwalin asked as I opened my eyes. I laughed. "Beorn. He will help us" I said. "Oh" Was all Dwalin could come up with.

      There was a loud sound coming from over the mountain. It sounded like screaming and yelling and screeches. "What is that?" I asked Dwalin. "Orcs" He replied. "Thorin!" He yelled. Thorin came running towards us. "What is it?" He asked. "Orcs" Dwalin said as Thorin looked in the direction of the noise. "Prepare for battle!" Thorin yelled to the company. The elves and people of Lake-Town had gathered below. We had climbed the wall and joined them below. "You cannot fight this battle against everyone" I told Thorin as I pulled my quiver tighter on to my back. "Join sides with the people of Lake-Town and the elves. Or you will die fighting alone" Bard told him. Bard held out his hand for Thorin to shake. Thorin looked down at it before shaking his hand. I looked at Thranduil who now looked upset. As the orcs got closer everyone drew up their weapons. "You ready?" I asked Thorin with a smile on my face. He nodded. "Be safe my azyungal" Thorin said and kissed me. We ran towards the orcs and tried killing as many as we could. There was a loud roar and I knew it was Beorn. He came running through the orcs, smashing them or hitting them to the sides as he did. Even with Beorn there it seemed like there was too many for us to fight off. Then there was another sound, the sound of the eagles coming to our aid. Thorin caught sight of something and started making his way up the mountain. I followed him close behind. I pulled out my sword and threw my bow back into my quiver.

     The orcs seemed to be getting more daring with their hits. I cried out in pain as one hit me in the arm. "Arandur!" Thorin yelled. "I'm fine Thorin! Keep going!" I yelled as I drove my sword into the orc's neck. I pulled my sword out and kept moving. I could feel the blood coming from my arm. I took a deep breath and drew in the energy from the elements as I kept running. When we got to the top of the mountain I saw what he was running towards. He came to finish him off.