Traitor

"You should go before someone sees you" I told Legolas as he stood up. "I saw your hobbit on the way" Legolas said and smirked. "I should see what trouble he's gotten into" Legolas said before leaving. I sighed and sat down on the edge of the wall. "Bilbo Baggins" I said as I looked out. "What are you up to?" I asked and stood up again. "Lassie" A voice said from behind me making me jump. "I'll take over" Dwalin said and smiled. "I'm alright" I said and smiled. "You need sleep" Dwalin said. I nodded. "By the way lassie have you seen our burglar?" Dwalin asked. I shook my head. "No" I lied. Bilbo Baggins if there was ever a time to use that ring of yours now would be it. I made my way down the wall and over to Thorin. He was asleep wrapped in both of our blankets. "Thorin" I said as I sat on the floor. He grunted. "Thorin I'm tired. Come on" I begged as he finally opened his eyes. He pulled the blanket up on one side and I squeezed in. Thorin wrapped his arms around me and sighed as I stared to fall asleep.

      "Aran" Thorin said making me wake up. "Arandur" He said again shaking me. I rolled on to my side and pulled the blankets over my head. "Aran come on. We have food" Kili said and poked me a few times. I finally gave up and threw the blankets off my head. "Food?" I asked and smiled. Kili laughed and smiled back. After we ate Thorin began talking about his plans for the battle. "Dain is coming with his army" Thorin said as everyone looked up at him. "Dain?" A voice that sounded like Bilbo asked. I turned around and smiled when I saw him. {"Bilbo Baggins you are very good at sneaking"} I told him as he smiled back. There was a sound of a horn. It made us all stop and look over the edge of the wall. "Hail Thorin!" Bard called up. "Are you still of the same mind?" He asked. "My mind does not change with the rising and setting of the sun" Thorin said back. "Is there then nothing for which you would yeild any of your gold?" Bard asked. "Nothing that you or your friends have to offer" Thorin said with a smirk. "What of the Arkenstone of Thráin?" Bard asked as a man opened a chest. Inside the chest sat the Arkenstone. There was a long silence before it was broken by Thorin. "That stone was my father's, and is mine. Why should I purchase my own?" Thorin said. His voice was filled with wrath. "But how came you by the heirloom of my house. If there is need to ask such a question of thieves?b Thorin said as I walked closer to his side. "We are not theives. Your own we will give back in return for our own" Bard said and smiled. "How cane you by it?!" Thorin yelled. "I gave it to them" Bilbo responded. His voice was filled with fear as he squeaked out his response.

      "You! You!" Thorin yelled as he picked up Bilbo. "You miserable hobbit! You undersized.....burglar!" Thorin said as he shook Bilbo. "By the beard of Durin! I wish I had Gandalf here! Curse him for his choice of you! May his beard wither! As for you I will throw you to the rocks!" Thorin yelled and lifted Bilbo higher in to the air. "Stay! Your wish is granted. Here is Gandalf! And none too soon it seems. If you don't like my burglar, please don't damage him. Put him down, and listen first to what he has to day!" Mithrandir said as he pulled off his cloak. Thorin dropped Bilbo from his grip, making him land on his knees.

      Bilbo tried to explain himself. He said that was his share of the treasure. "I am betrayed!" Thorin said as he looked at me. His eyes were filled with fear. {"Do not be afraid my melleth"} I told him as I set my hand on his cheek. Thorin reached up for my hand and pulled it away from his face. He held my hand in his as he turned back to Bard. "It was rightly guessed that I could not forbear to redeem the Arkenstone, the treasure of my house. For it I will give one fourteenth share of the hoard in silver and gold, setting aside the gems. But that shall be accounted the promised share of this traitor and with that reward he shall depart and you can divide it as you will. He will get little enough. I doubt that. Take him, if you wish him to live, and no friendship of mine goes with him" Thorin stated harshly. Bilbo climbed down the wall after Thorin made threats to throw him down. "Thorin. You can't do this" I told him as I watched Bilbo leave. "I can and I will" Thorin said before turning away.