An Unexpected Guest

I knocked on the door and heard a voice grow closer to the door. "No. No more company. My house is full of dwarves" The voice said in a panic. "We need no more comp...." The voice said before stopping when it saw me. "You must be Bilbo Baggins" I said as he let me in. It was a small and warm hobbit hole, but it reeked of dwarves. Before I had a chance to introduce myself Mithrandir was by Bilbo's side. "Aran!" He said and bowed. "Mithrandir" I said and smiled. "I thought you wouldn't show" He said as dwarves filled the room we were in. "I know your face" Kili said and smiled. "Master Kili" I said before he hugged me tightly. "It has been far too long Aran" Kili said as he looked at me. "May I take your cloak?" Bilbo asked. I hesitate and looked at Mithrandir who nodded. I removed my cloak and handed it to him. My hair was down with two strands of hair in front of my ears to let them show. "An elven women!" A loud stong voice said. "I will not allow elves on my quest let alone an elven women!" The voice said getting closer to me. He pushed through the dwarves to revile his face. "Arandur this is Thorin Oakenshield, the leader of this company" Mithrandir said.

      His eyes locked onto mine and I couldn't help but stare at him. My heart raced as he moved closer. "Thorin. She will be a very good person to have on hand in this journey" Mithrandir told him. Thorin's eyes left mine as he looked up at Mithrandir. "And what does she have to offer us?" He asked. Hate filled his words. "You shall see in time Thorin Oakenshield" Mithrandir said as Thorin looked back at me. Great, another stubborn dwarve. Something to look forward to on this journey. But there was something about him that made my heart beat fast when I saw him. Unfortunately all that was ruined when he spoke. "If you slow the company down I will not hesitate to leave you behind elv" Thorin said sharply. "I prefer to be called by my name not by my title" I snapped. "I shall think it wise to not speak to the princess of Lothlórien that way" Mithrandir said to Thorin. The dwarves mumbled to each other before they left to a room with a fire and sat around it. "May I offer you food?" Bilbo asksd. "If it is no trouble" I said and smiled as I followed the hobbit to a table. After I ate I sat down next to Kili and his brother Fili. "I didn't know you were an elven princess" Kili said slightly hurt. "I didn't think it was important to mention" I told Kili. He laughed and looked at his brother. "Not important. Did you hear her?" He asked laughing. "If you don't mind me asking what does master Baggins have to offer the company?" I asked looking around. Thorin laughed. "Something we agree on" He said looking into the fire. "Bilbo is our burglar" A balding dwarve named Dwalin said before I nodded.

      I looked at Thorin who was still looking at the fire. He had sat down in front of it and was watching the wood crack with the flames. He had long dark hair with a small braid hanging down on each side of his face. Each braid was ended with a small silver bead. The top of his hair was streaked with gray strands. Thorin's facial hair was neat and kept close to his face unlike most of the other dwarves. My eyes traved up his face taking in every detail of it until his eyes met mine. They were a beautiful blue and suddenly I realized I was staring at him again. I blushed and looked away.

>Thorin's point of view

There was an unexpected knock on the door. "I wasn't aware of more company" I said to Gandalf. "Of course. Our last member" The wizard said. The hobbit got up from his chair. "No. No more company. My house is full of dwarves. We need no more comp.." The hobbit said as he opened the door. "You must be Bilbo Baggins" A beautiful voice said. Gandalf got up and walked to the door. "Aran!" He said as the rest of the company followed him. "Mithrandir" The voice said. I followed my company to try and see who this person was. "I thought you wouldn't show" Gandalf told this person. "I know your face" Kili said to them. "Master Kili" The voice said. "It has been far too long Aran" Kili said as I finally saw the person next to my nephew. "May I take your cloak?" Bilbo asked. As they removed their cloak they reviled themself to be an elven women of great beauty. Her golden hair laid off her shoulders showing pointed ears. "An elven women!" I loudly said. "I will not allow elves on my journey let alone an elven women!" I said pushing my way through my company. "Arandur this is Thorin Oakenshield, the leader of this company" Gandalf said to her. I knew the wizard was up to no good since the first time I met him. But I didn't know he would bring the enemy on my journey. I told him before that I would not ask the elves for help let alone ask them to join us to the lonely mountain. This time Gandalf was pushing his luck. This elv would have to be able to move mountains or offer us something worth my time for her to come along. I noticed my company looking at her with wide eyes as I looked at them. She was a pretty sight to see, even for an elv.